Love it!

Posted by Reviewer2952443 on Jun 26, 2008

I've been using this brand for about a year now. I love that it doesn't have a lot of the chemicals that most hair dyes have. It's very gentle & doesn't even have any sort of harsh smell, yet it provides great natural-looking color. It always leaves my hair looking even shinier and softer than before I used it.

EXCELLENT FOR SENSITIVE SCALP!

Posted by Reviewer1616507 on Nov 15, 2008

This is by far THE BEST natural haircolor I have tried...and I have tried at least 1/2 a dozen. It colors the grey completely, stays shiney throughout the 4 weeks and thickens my hair. I love it!

best natural hair color

Posted by Reviewer1227996 on Jul 02, 2008

I've tried others, but feel this brand is most protective to my hair. The color is very good (dark and true), covers gray, and most importantly doesn't make my hair fall out like the other brands. The only thing I don't like is their conditioner--seems a little gummy to me, but I may try it again in different weather conditions. Also be aware that the number/letter system for hair color varies among brands, so a 3N in one isn't the same in another line. Check the color charts.

Natural color

Posted by Reviewer3197558 on Feb 17, 2010

I'm a real stickler when it comes to hair looking artificially colored—it really bothers me, that is, when it's supposed to look natural. Herbatint is the most natural looking color out there. The application isn't the most convenient (you have to put it in a bowl and smear it on your head)—there's no applicator. But, considering the end results, it's so worth it.

This is a fantastic product!

Posted by Reviewer3327002 on Aug 23, 2008

With all the news of scary commercial hair dyes... This is an ammonia free product that really does give good gray coverage and lasts a long time!

Great hair color

Posted by Reviewer1403701 on Mar 29, 2007

This is really easy to use, has no ammonia, covers gray well and doesn't damage over time. I have long hair, but only touch up my roots each time, so each box is good for two applications.

Would repurchase

Posted by Reviewer2446165 on Dec 17, 2007

This works well to cover gray hair. I mix it with 6D to get my color. Since I've been using this, my hair no longer falls out when I color it. The smell is inoffensive and it feels good to know that I'm not using harsh, harmful chemicals on my hair and scalp anymore. Great product!

perfect choice!

Posted by Reviewer2062154 on Sep 29, 2008

The gels are easy to use for highlighting. since my hair was faded to a few shades lighter, i used the regular chestnut at the roots only, combing it though for just a minute or so. then the next day i mixed the mahogany chestnut with a tad of the regular chestnut in the sink and just picked out some strands and ran the color through. Instead of the herbal tint conditioner, i chose an organic one. I plan to continue experimenting and am delighted to access this product at this price

love it

Posted by Reviewer1758226 on Jul 14, 2009

I have used Herbatint color for many years and absolutely love it. It covers the gray, leaves my hair shiny and rich and does not smell like all the other commercial dyes.

Love this product

Posted by Reviewer2506909 on Oct 05, 2011

Have been using Herbatint for years. It does not damage my hair like hair coloring products with peroxide and does not smell. I mix equal parts Chestnut and Copper Chestnut to cover grey - leave on for about 45 minutes to an hour. Color is very rich.