Good alternative to henna hair dye

Posted by Reviewer3003545 on Sep 21, 2015

I had been using Surya Henna, Brasil Cream for 2 years. But when I tried to order this time, the color I wanted was out of stock. I came across Herbatint and decided to give a try (after reading many positive reviews). Just tried it, very happy with the result - nice nature color, great grey coverage (which is much better than henna hair dyes). The only imperfection I found is that it made my hair rather dry. But if the color is going to last longer than henna based dyes, then i don't have to color as often which will help minimise the damage (or dryness). Overall very happy! Great product! Also want to thank those who commented on the Herbatint color tend to be darker than its description. I bought a shade lighter and turned out to be exactly the color I wanted.

LC

Posted by Reviewer1924575 on Nov 19, 2014

Like to mix it because it is very dark. Like there are no harsh chemicals and that it lasts pretty long in my hair. Just don't like to mix it myself.

Hair color

Posted by Reviewer1359522 on Jul 24, 2012

Color stayed at roots for over 5 weeks. Color is darker than a light chestnut.

great colour

Posted by Reviewer2588086 on Mar 06, 2011

a gentle product that provides beautiful natural looking color ... unfortunately it only lasts 3-4 washes

Good compromise

Posted by Reviewer2603367 on Feb 21, 2011

Actually I’m still looking for a natural way to dye my grey hair but although I have tried many brands of henna, no henna can cover grey hair so good and reliable like chemical dye. This brand is one of them with the lowest amount of harmful PPD, so I use it once in a while in order to unify my brown colour when the greys are showing trough too much. It is very gentle and doesn’t dry my hair out, making it shining and smooth.

Great hair colour

Posted by Reviewer2964510 on Jan 10, 2011

This product is fantastic for inbetween appointments to cover up any gray. The colour is very true to the description and you can always mix colours to avoid any brassiness. It leaves hair quite shinny but I find does dry just a little.

good product

Posted by Reviewer1867676 on Aug 01, 2010

the best product i have found so far ... I would like to see a product come out that is completely all natural that actually works - this is the closest thing

Good color

Posted by Reviewer2778741 on Apr 01, 2010

Easy to apply. Good dark color. A little itchy at first. Would be nice to have something that works well with no chemicals.

NATURAL COLOR

Posted by Reviewer1514410 on Mar 31, 2010

Cover grey but with a shade slightly lighter when it grows. The color are extremly natural. I love it!

Covers grey well, but.

Posted by Reviewer1740852 on Mar 01, 2009

Color is darker than the normal 5N color in other natural hair color brands. Next time, I will try the 6N color to see if I can get the desired color.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »