I'm no essence distiller but....

Posted by RoseSmith on Mar 19, 2016

This oil is relatively inexpensive and good value for money. It has all manner of good uses...throw some in your runners after you've been to the gym, good to mix with a carrier oil for sore muscles after you've been to the gym, sniff it to bring you back to life after you've been to the gym. Can you tell I go to the gym a lot? Well actually I don't :) But I do like this oil :)

Top Quality Wintergreen Essential Oil

Posted by TropicalUrbanite on Jan 09, 2016

This one has a higher grade scent than the Now brand wintergreen oil (though both are effective medicinally). I have bought two of Heritage one so far. One for my parents migraine/ arthritis pain management. My father has reduced his aspirin intake since using this oil externally. I dab a tiny finger tip onto my occasional swollen gum before sleep and it works like magic (some toothpaste, chewing gum, mouthwash contain natural wintergreen oil). Wintergreen's synthetic/ synthesized counterpart is aspirin a.k.a. Methyl salicylate or "oil of wintergreen" (don't you just love how cunning that naming choice is). But why take the artificial isolate, mostly derived from petrol chemical, when there is wholistic natural version from the tree? A fast acting, general safe topical analgesic/ pain-killer. I also Definitely a family cabinet staple. I have tried a few Heritage products and can confirm their quality. Happy to have found another true wintergreen essential oil on iHerb.

second order

Posted by Reviewer1158744 on Oct 27, 2014

I have ordered this twice now and am very happy with this oil. It smells wonderful. I use it in a homemade cough salve. It does not have a dropper top, just so ya know! :)