Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer3135369 on May 11, 2010

I became highly allergic to all of the so called natural mouth washes and toothpastes! I especially react to the xanthan gum, carrageen, sorbitol and glycerin! Glycerin which comes from coconut is in everything. Xanthan gum is fermented from corn and sorbitol also comes from corn. Sorbitol can cause a lot of problems especially in children and sensitive adults. Carrageen comes from red seaweed. If you are sensitive to gluten you should avoid all products containing carrageen. All of these ingredients are overused in our diet, which is one reason a lot of us more sensitive individuals are becoming allergic to them. I highly recommend this product mostly because of its purity, but it also does a great job cleaning your teeth and mouth. I wet my toothbrush and then squeeze a little powder on my brush. The wet brush keeps the powder from sifting out of the bristles.

Well worth, last long & clean

Posted by funexplorer on Oct 23, 2012

I have grown up using toothpaste for all my life till i chance upon this. At first i started with eco-dent toothpowder cause i thought more ingredient would better clean my teeth, and this was out of stock at that time. eco-dent didn't clean as well as this and didn't feel as natural. I have tried many of the toothpastes found in iherb, Weleda plant & salt gel, Periobrite, Desert Essence Tea tree, Nature's gate Anise, Bee Rescued Propolis etc. And also those big brand toothpastes regularly used at home colgate, oral b and sensodyne. I have no regrets switching to a toothpowder. Although the initial cost is high as compared to regular toothpaste. It is super well worth, based on my calculation, it can last estimated 8 months for individual usage. i started mid- feb and have used only a 1/3. Clean well, with this i never look back to toothpaste..

Overwhelmingly Salty

Posted by Reviewer1712748 on Dec 06, 2010

I'm sure the salt has a useful abrasive value, but it is just WAY too much for the palate. The baking soda (SODIUM bicarbonate) component is plenty salty on its own. It caused my tongue and lips to swell and my lips to feel raw. To qualify, I don't consider myself overly sensitive.

it hurts my gum a bit

Posted by Reviewer2147468 on Jul 12, 2010

can't brush my teeth for more than 5 minutes. Though it is natural, the salt hurts my gum : (

better than conventional toothpaste

Posted by Reviewer1499622 on May 15, 2012

I hesitated to buy this since some reviewers had problems with their product being too abrasive, and my teeth/gums are on the sensitive side, but luckily, that has not been an issue with the bottle I received. In fact, I really love this stuff and my teeth feel so much smoother and cleaner since switching to this (I alternate between this and another tooth powder sold here on iherb). If you're on the fence about commercial toothpaste and want to try an alternative, this is worth picking up.

I like this

Posted by Reviewer3049143 on Dec 12, 2010

This tooth powder is really working for me. If you are truly attached to the pasty, foamy, thick paste type of teeth cleaning product this is not for you. But if you are ready to use something that simply cleans your teeth well, leaves your mouth feeling fresh and is free of toxic junk then definitely give this powder a go.

Ipsab Tooth Powder is Great!

Posted by JanMartin on Oct 29, 2010

I like this product. It is refreshing, teeth are clean and smooth after use. I have also found that switching to a glycerin free tooth powder, instead of toothpaste..I have less teeth sensitivity.

brush well

Posted by 101010011 on Jul 13, 2012

its nice to have a toothpaste option without the laced petrochemicals that are rampant in so many of todays products. glycerin tends to make my teeth a tad sensitive, so finding a natural toothpaste solution without it was a little bit arduous. this has been a great pick. i like the ingredients. the salt is a little strong and coarse so you have to find your limit on how much you can apply during each session and how long you can brush your teeth with it before it starts to irritate you. the peppermint powder is in there, but it is virtually tasteless. could go for a little more of a minty presence. teeth do come out shiny and clean after use

terrible

Posted by marianF on Feb 01, 2015

Tastes like pure salt, bottle is kind of messy, doesn't foam at all and worst of all, made my gums hurt not only while brushing but for the rest of the day.I had none of those issues with the Eco-dent tooth powder and going but to that.I try to use up the products I buy even when I'm not 100% satisfied, but this I had to throw in the trash, total waste of money.

nice tooth powder

Posted by Reviewer2312954 on Nov 10, 2009

I wouldn't use this exclusively but it's a nice change from toothpaste occasionally.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »