10% Off Orders Over $40!

Heritage Products, IPSAB Tooth Powder, Natural Peppermint, 4 oz (113 g)

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer3135369 on May 11, 2010

I became highly allergic to all of the so called natural mouth washes and toothpastes! I especially react to the xanthan gum, carrageen, sorbitol and glycerin! Glycerin which comes from coconut is in everything. Xanthan gum is fermented from corn and sorbitol also comes from corn. Sorbitol can cause a lot of problems especially in children and sensitive adults. Carrageen comes from red seaweed. If you are sensitive to gluten you should avoid all products containing carrageen. All of these ingredients are overused in our diet, which is one reason a lot of us more sensitive individuals are becoming allergic to them. I highly recommend this product mostly because of its purity, but it also does a great job cleaning your teeth and mouth. I wet my toothbrush and then squeeze a little powder on my brush. The wet brush keeps the powder from sifting out of the bristles.

Well worth, last long & clean

Posted by funexplorer on Oct 23, 2012

I have grown up using toothpaste for all my life till i chance upon this. At first i started with eco-dent toothpowder cause i thought more ingredient would better clean my teeth, and this was out of stock at that time. eco-dent didn't clean as well as this and didn't feel as natural. I have tried many of the toothpastes found in iherb, Weleda plant & salt gel, Periobrite, Desert Essence Tea tree, Nature's gate Anise, Bee Rescued Propolis etc. And also those big brand toothpastes regularly used at home colgate, oral b and sensodyne. I have no regrets switching to a toothpowder. Although the initial cost is high as compared to regular toothpaste. It is super well worth, based on my calculation, it can last estimated 8 months for individual usage. i started mid- feb and have used only a 1/3. Clean well, with this i never look back to toothpaste..

Overwhelmingly Salty

Posted by Reviewer1712748 on Dec 06, 2010

I'm sure the salt has a useful abrasive value, but it is just WAY too much for the palate. The baking soda (SODIUM bicarbonate) component is plenty salty on its own. It caused my tongue and lips to swell and my lips to feel raw. To qualify, I don't consider myself overly sensitive.

it hurts my gum a bit

Posted by Reviewer2147468 on Jul 12, 2010

can't brush my teeth for more than 5 minutes. Though it is natural, the salt hurts my gum : (

better than conventional toothpaste

Posted by Reviewer1499622 on May 15, 2012

I hesitated to buy this since some reviewers had problems with their product being too abrasive, and my teeth/gums are on the sensitive side, but luckily, that has not been an issue with the bottle I received. In fact, I really love this stuff and my teeth feel so much smoother and cleaner since switching to this (I alternate between this and another tooth powder sold here on iherb). If you're on the fence about commercial toothpaste and want to try an alternative, this is worth picking up.