Love Bacopa!

Posted by Reviewer3049876 on Jun 01, 2012

I have been using this product for 9 years. I am now 63 but nine years ago my mother passed away with Altzheimer's disease and before she passed away I started to notice that I was having problems with my memory. Since all of my mother's siblings also had altzheimer's before they passed away. I thought that it was time to find some help. I tried various other herbal remedies and nothing worked until I used bacopa. I am the top sales person for my company and hold the record for the most sales in the history of the company and I owe it to bacopa. Recently, Dr. Oz has recommended that people over 50 should be taking this. I asked my family doctor about bacopa and he had never heard of it until I told him and after researching it, he agrees that it is definitely beneficial.

My number one supplement!

Posted by happyherbs on Nov 29, 2012

Anxiety killer, concentration booster, life saver. I make sure I never run out of this. I have Asperger's Syndrome and this really really helps more than anything else I've tried, I'm sure it helps with Seasonal Effective Disorder and general depression too as I've found this less of a problem since I started taking this and it's really helped with recovery from after-effects of Grave's Disease including occasional seizures I was having - I haven't had any since I started taking this 2 x a day, I gather this is a traditional Indian anti-epilepsy herb so I guess thats reasonable - may be worth trying for epileptics, but do consult your Dr first. I don't get any side effects from this, and have found Himalaya a great brand too as I've tried the other brands and this is the best. What more can I say - just brilliant.

For Lyme Disease

Posted by Radiant-Health on Sep 01, 2013

Reasonably priced and effective product. Upon opening it has a scent reminiscent of raisins and a dark green color. Bacopa is also known as Brahmi which can be translated as "godlike" and for a botanical with that reputation, Ayurveda is very serious about this herb. Bacopa is wonderful for the neurological damage that Lyme disease causes. Bacopa is pitta reducing and in the case of Lyme can be useful for reducing brain fog, anxiety, irritability and tension and increasing mental alertness, memory and overall cognitive function. It also increases well-being both mentally and emotionally and is a mild heavy metal chelator. Two to four of these caplets per day can provide the best results. There is an immediate calming affect upon taking it the first time that eventually turns into emotional balance over the course of a few weeks. After three months, due to the metabolic rate of brain cells, the full mental effects begin. So if you're trying this for the first time please note that it takes at least 3 months for it to fully work. In comparison though, I find Bacopa from Tattva's herbs to be of higher quality and better effectiveness but more expensive. ***Feel free to visit my page for my other reviews on Lyme disease related products***

C's to A's

Posted by Reviewer2730298 on Jun 20, 2011

This stuff dramatically improved both my memory and learning ability. Honestly the best herb I've had so far, this brand/extract in particular.

Good brand

Posted by Reviewer1631346 on Jul 26, 2011

Studies involving Bacopa use 300mg-450mg of the extract depending on body weight (not the plant, the extract, that's Bacosides A+B), so I take 4.5 caplets (~300mg, 299.25mg to be exact) per night. With Himalaya, quality is assured.

like Gandhi

Posted by Reviewer2380742 on Nov 26, 2012

I read that Gandhi took 1 gram of Bacopa daily... I'm not Gandhi, but a university teacher, and Bacopa helps me to keep a good memory, and a clear and calm mind

By far the best brand of bacopa i have tried

Posted by Reviewer2677543 on Oct 06, 2011

i've tried a few different brands of bacopa and have found this one to be superb.. i'd also like to note that i am highly suspicious that the two reviews for this product claiming that the Paradise Herbs brand worked better than this brand are ficticious reviews.. i have tried the Paradise Herbs brand and have found it to be absolutely worthless compared to Himalaya, for what it's worth

Wish it still had the lower price, but still worth it

Posted by Reviewer1108029 on Oct 23, 2013

Great supplement for creativity. Can be used in high doses to help the thyroid(too much with upset your stomach, though). Shame the price has been jacked up over time, but it's still a 5 star supplement. Also a humorous amount of cotton in each bottle to keep the tabs from breaking.

Great product, great price

Posted by Reviewer3017527 on Jun 09, 2013

These capsules have a relatively high concentration of bacopasides relative to the total extract, so you don't have to take a ton of them.

My brain loves this.

Posted by Reviewer1073152 on Jan 16, 2012

I love bacopa as it really gives my brain a lift and clarity and improves my memory. And Himalaya is organic. I notice I don't have to take as much to get the same effect when using this company's herbals.