July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Home Health, Blemish Treatment Lotion, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

Reviews 3-star

A good astringent

Posted by Reviewer2236265 on Dec 05, 2010

Over the past 5 years, I've developed a bad case of clogged pores. I purchased this product the first time at random at a health food store. The first week's use was pretty impressive; my pores appeared smaller and cleaner, the dirt that showed up on the cotton (after washing my face)was telling. As I've continued use, it seems the effectiveness has plateaued and even regressed a little. Also, my face looks shiny after use and my skin produces more oil, getting oilier than usual throughout the day (probably compensating for the degree of natural oils removed by the astringent. Even though it is not perfect (for me), I still made a second purchase on Iherb to stock up since it is an improvement from before when I did not use it. Someday, I hope I find something with greater effectiveness for my skin's clogged pores. Dec 5 2010 Update: I have found an alternate use for this product - If you use an epilator to remove hair from your legs, this stuff is great to put on afterward to reduce redness, irritation and ingrown hairs. Makes a big difference compared to when I don't use it. Azulene is good for this purpose to, to apply after the blemish lotion.

Seems to help

Posted by Reviewer2559163 on Jan 29, 2008

My acne is stubborn, so I was unsure if this would work. It doesn't prevent my breakouts, but seems to help them resolve a few days sooner.

never seen any result

Posted by VictoriaN on Jun 05, 2012

i dont see any result in helping to delimenate breakouts or blackheads. however it doesnt overdry my skin, so i use it for desinfecting

Sticky and smelly

Posted by Reviewer1185715 on Oct 16, 2012

Strong smell of lavender and menthol. Does not fit for sensitive skin or skin with rosacea

Home Health, Blemish Treatment lotion

Posted by Reviewer2585309 on Nov 07, 2008

Pleasant scent, leaves skin nicely toned Active ingredient is salicylic acid No change noted in blemishes after two weeks of use