lara bar - coconut cream pie

Posted by Reviewer1391664 on Jan 20, 2010

I eat lara bars regularly - usually for breakfast. the first time I ate this one, I was sad because I had just purchased an entire box and I really didn't care for it. Yesterday, I accidentally pulled one out of my snack bin - thinking that I had a peanut butter cookie - and really enjoyed it. I can't quite figure out why the first bar wasn't so delish. It is sweeter than most and I'm not always in the mood for that sweet. Try them, though. If you don't want to start with a box, Whole Foods carries them (sorry iherb) but once you try them and like them, come back here for the box because the price can't be beat (I've looked!) Even Safeway has a limited collection - usually apple pie and peanut butter or pecan pie....also, usually stale! Iherb is the best.

No such thing as a bad Larabar...

Posted by Reviewer2037375 on May 07, 2011

...but having said that, this one is the worst I've tried so far. It's still really yummy...sweet and coconutty...but the textual is too soft and mushy for me. Firms up a bit in the fridge. My fave flavour so far is Cherry Pie!

to sweet

Posted by Reviewer1816976 on Oct 25, 2012

to sweet for my taste

Not what I expected

Posted by 5172844516511436001 on Aug 04, 2013

I have heard so much about these bars and had to give them a go. I was disappointed because I expected better. The flavor was ok but nothing great. Wouldn't buy them again.

Not quite what I expected

Posted by 5166131073128453121 on Feb 27, 2014

So it wasn't quite what I expected, but it is yummy and makes a great snack. It has more of a date consistancy than I thought it would, but love that it is made with all natural ingredients.

Compo excellente mais trop doux

Posted by BulleVirtuelle on Mar 11, 2014

On sent bien le goût de noix de coco mais je ne suis pas fan de l'arrière goût de dattes. En plus, je trouve la barre trop douce, elle donne envie de boire

yummy but sweet

Posted by truevitality on Apr 12, 2014

Whilst they do taste good, I personally found them too sweet, but others i know liked them

I love Larabars but not a fan of the coconut

Posted by HappyShinyStudentMummy on Aug 27, 2016

Unfortunately this wasn't a winner for me. I can't give it a lower rating however, as I just don't seem to like coconut much these days! I wouldn't call is coconut cream pie that's for sure. Sorry Larabar! You know I love you, just not this one! (get the cookie dough!)