Red Yeast Rice reduces cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2514541 on Feb 12, 2011

I began taking Red Yeast Rice, Gold, along with a garlic capsule in August, 2009 at my doctors recommendation. At that time my total cholesterol was 231. I started out taking 2 tablets a day for about a month, then stepped it up to the highest dose recomended of 4 tablets a day, which I took for two months. At that time, my total cholesterol was down to 178. I then went back to taking 2 tablets a day and after 6 months, it was down to 168. My last test, after a year of taking it was 171. My doctor said that she had never seen anyones count come down so quickly. Along with the meds, I stay on a low fat diet, and try to eat an apple a day. The reason I chose this brand is because the clerk in my local health food store said it is the best.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1106421 on Oct 07, 2010

I like this product w/o any fillers, binders, additives. My cholesterol was high & taking 1 capsule twice daily lowered it that my MD is very happy w/ the bood test results.

Internation Red Yeast Gold 240

Posted by Reviewer1167052 on Dec 27, 2010

this product is apparently good however in Australia Red Yeast Extract is banned for sale, not sure why.

Excellent!!!

Posted by Reviewer1530720 on Sep 01, 2010

I had been taking this for a month...i really felt a difference!!!

Good

Posted by Reviewer2074869 on Apr 30, 2014

My mother has been taking this for 2 months, and her cholesterol levels have decreased. Not completely ok yet, but it seems to work. We will continue buying. I also like that the capsules are made of pullulan and that it doesn't have any additives.

The product is great for lowering genetic cholesterol

Posted by 5678258133152806583 on Sep 06, 2016

I absolutely love this product, it has worked for me for over 3 years now bringing my cholesterol level down to normal. I take these pills along with Fish Oil to lower my Triglycerides. Unfortunately when I received my package this month, some of the pills in the bottle had burst leaving a very brown cotton insert and red yeast rice powder in the bottle. This has never happened before and I expect it was within the shipping somewhere. But, of course, that does not take away the pills ability to lower cholesterol!

Great Alternative for Cholesterol Meds

Posted by Reviewer2320711 on Jul 07, 2011

I am one of the people who can't tolerate the statin drugs (muscle cramps). Red Yeast has been a great alternative because I can adjust the number of capsules. I have used this product for two years and seen a dramatic drop in my cholesterol count :) S.T.

IP-6 Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1020483 on Dec 28, 2010

This has helped lower my cholesterol and I will continue to take it every day. Thanks!

Bad cholesterol lowered significantly

Posted by Reviewer1065823 on Feb 06, 2011

Seems to have positively impacted bad cholesterol level. Definitely caused cramping in legs so take with Ubiquinol every day. Great stuff.