The best and safest sunscreen on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Jun 04, 2014

This sunscreen is amazing, it really stands out from many other similar products on the market. What makes it so different is that it's free of sulfates, parabens, petroleum, phthalates, PEGs, silicon, phenoxyethanol and doesn't contain such dangerous and carcinogenic sun-blocking agents as oxybenzone, an organic UVB and short-wave UVA filter, which is known to be a dangerous human toxicant, allergen, and endocrine disruptor, or other benzophenones and benzoates, and titanium dioxide, a UV blocking pigment, suncreen, thickner, and known carcinogen, endocrine disruptor, human toxicant, and allergen, very likely to be nano-particle sized, which enables it to penetrate the body, reach internal organs, disrupt the endocrine system, and cause DNA damage and cancer. This product uses as its active ingredient zinc oxide, a much safer inorganic compound and UV-blocking agent. Moreover, this product is the only sunscreen on iHerb that contains red raspberry seed oil, the most effective all-natural UVA and UVB filter and photoprotective agent, having a natural SPF between 28 and 50, which makes it superior to titanium dioxide. Red raspberry seed oil is one of the best free radical scavengers and antioxidants known to man. Rich in linoleic, alpha linolenic, and oleic acids and famous for its long shelf life and oxidative stability, it forms a protective barrier on the skin, protecting it at the cellular level from harmful UVA and UVB rays and the harsh environment, while still allowing it to breathe, deeply moisturizing and nourishing it, improving its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, stimulating cell renewal and collagen production, regenerating, invigorating, revitalizing, and rejuvenating the skin, preventing dryness, dehydration, and premature aging. All the other ingredients in this product are great, as well: organic coconut oil (SPF 2-8), shea and illipe butters (SPF 3-6), and beeswax (SPF 15) are also all-natural sun protective, antioxidant, emollient, and moisturizing agents, organic aloe oil is a powerful soothing and healing agent reducing redness and inflammation, calming itching, and facilitating healing, stearic acid is a safe emulsion stabilizing agent, vitamin C is a natural antioxidant and preservative, organic lecithin is an emulsifying, antistatic, emollient, and skin conditioning agent, phenylethanol is an aromatic alcohol and safe preservative. Overall, this product is a great alternative to mainstream sunscreens full of dangerous carcinogens and toxic chemicals. Will order it again.

BEST SUNBLOCK on the market

Posted by Coupon-Code-CEC033 on Sep 10, 2012

I have purchased sunblock from Neutrogena, ALBA, Coppertone....they all made me itch, puff up, serious rash and often too thick. This product is absolutely smooth, easy to use and goes on like an oil. I use all over my body and face and prior to foundation application. I keep one in my purse for my hands as a hand cream. It's important to protect my hands from the sun while driving. The organic oil, red resberry seeds oil are vitamins for my skin. My mother loves it so much, she bought 10 and gave away to all of her friends. Love this product, highly recommend. Beyond 5 stars. Update: 9/10/2012 This is the best foundation base, smooth the pores and wrinkles. Miracle sunscreen and multi purpose.

A little goes a long way, chemical free.

Posted by Reviewer1252380 on Sep 05, 2012

This is a jewel sunblock on the market. No harsh chemicals, red resberry seed oil is an expensive ingredient contains omega 3, 6 and act as a natural sunblock. Love this product and use daily from face to neck, body.

Very oily.

Posted by Reviewer1142540 on Nov 07, 2013

This is like an oil, I did not know that it was going to be an oil. And it doesn't seem to absorb well, but maybe I put too much or maybe a light layer might better absorb. I was looking for more of a cream or lotion sunscreen. However, I have been getting really into virgin coconut oil and this seems like this is really good with good ingredients and organic. I just had to get used to applying oil more often. Coconut oil is so good for you. God bless you all.

too thick, but nourishing -- questionable sun protection -- contains phenoxyethanol

Posted by 5335589821060836722 on Jul 13, 2015

On the product it says "Shake well before use", but the product is almost too thick to squeeze a lump out of the bottle. I saw a picture of it on a blog, and it looked way different -- oily, runny. Does the product consistency vary so wildly? Why? The ingredients seem to be the same. It doesn't spread easily, but with some rubbing it is absorbed fairly quickly. There's a slight 'oily' look on my face after applying it, and it gets more obvious when sweating (if it's hot, and/or I make effort). But my skin seems to enjoy it: it becomes more radiant and smooth. However, I'm not sure about its sun protection qualities: compared to last summer, when I used a regular, 'chemical' SPF 30 lotion, I got a suntan surprisingly quickly on my face, arms and neck, which are exposed when I go about my wanderings through the city. Of course, my experience is not 'scientific', but I doubt this product has SPF 30 as stated on the label. A bad surprise was the presence of phenoxyethanol listed on the actual product label -- while the product overview on iherb says phenylethanol, and the label picture shows 'phenorethanol' (?!). Though it is the last ingredient on the list, I wonder what quantities are used, since there is no expiration date mentioned on the package. Would I buy it again? -- Not sure, maybe it's time to start making my own sun screen lotion/ oil, I would then know what I put in and in what quantities.

Ok sunscreen

Posted by tinatherese on Dec 19, 2012

Good ingredients, a little oily but works ok.

Doesn't provide any sun protection, I still got sunburned while using this!!!

Posted by 5311742311727924689 on Apr 23, 2015

Doesn't provide any sun protection, I still got sunburned while using this!!! Waste of money!

the best

Posted by Reviewer3050582 on May 29, 2015

Without white mark. Perfect!

Good Product

Posted by 5577096328230029753 on Apr 16, 2015

This cream a little thick but spreads well, very nourishing for the skin and doesn't smell.