July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Jarrow Formulas, 5-HTP, 5-Hydroxytryptophan, 50 mg, 90 Capsules

Jarrow 5-HTP 50 mg

Posted by Reviewer3029971 on Oct 15, 2006

Jarrow has an excellent product with their 5-HTP. If you test your products with kinesiology (muscle testing) you will find their's is the best. I've checked out many Anti-aging products which work with the hormone balance in the body - Melatonin, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, HGH and now 5-HTP. After one capsule of this product I felt calmer, had no awareness of any problems in my life and couldn't even remember if I did have any problems! That's the effect of increased Serotonin levels. I take it with Phosphatidylserine which provides nutrition for the brain. Fish from the ocean is brain food too, if you can't afford the Phosphatidylserine. Jarrow 5-HTP 50 mg is a "must have" for Anti-aging

5HTP- I wish I'd had this years ago

Posted by Reviewer1923727 on Feb 16, 2011

I take this with a B-Complex (note: with Niacin) vitamin every day. I am not a doctor and cannot give an official medical recommendation. To deal with my depression (since my teens!) I tried psychologists, SSRIs (Prozac- absolutely dulled my creativity and other urges), and, most lately, frequent meditation (it helped slightly). For years I felt like a giant pressing weight was centered over my brain. Now I take roughly 250 mg of 5HTP throughout my morning, with maybe a touch-up of 50mg as needed roughly 6-8 hours later. I can't drink alcohol while on such a high dose of 5HTP- I find even a shot makes me depressed and anxious the next day. But, my mood is great, my social anxiety is gone-- the looming "cloud" is gone. All these improvements seems to be slowly improving my maturity, and reducing my anxiety to "face life head on," as they say. What a GREAT supplement! It is important to take 5HTP during "daylight" hours, as the circadian rhythm of your body and the sunlight exposure will help to convert it to Serotonin (at night, it will process too quickly from Serotonin into Melotonin). My BMI is 39 at the moment, so it is important to find a dosage in milligrams that is right for you. I experience a headache and increased aggression if I take too much. Please note: 5HTP will probably only aid depression in those suffering from some degree of serotonin deficiency. It is up to you to decide whether trying this supplement is right for you. Please be sure to buy from as good a source as iHerb: I find the Jarrow Formulas product is more effective than any others I've tried, and the price is very good.

Simone

Posted by Reviewer3137418 on Feb 09, 2008

This is an excellent product. Since I began taking Jarrow 5-HTP a year and a half ago, my ability to fall sleep, stay asleep,and sleep deeply, have all improved dramatically. I began feeling the benefits right away, but they became most noticeable after 3 months of continual use. I am also never drowsy the next day, as with some herbs I have tried. I also noticed that as an added benefit of taking 5-HTP, it gently regulates my mood, so I feel an overall heightened sense of well being. I will stay with this brand indefinitely!

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer3168007 on Oct 30, 2007

I just recently started taking 5HTP by Jarrow formulas about 2 weeks ago. It has help tremendously. I have been struggling with depression for the last 2 to 3 years, and overnight this has helped so much. I never took any prescriptions because I wanted something that was natural and I know that I did not want to experience any side effects. I heard that many RX's have a lot of side effects. GREAT stuff.

GREAT!

Posted by Reviewer1315172 on Nov 27, 2006

This brand is effective and works strongly. I love all of Jarrow's products and now sleep AMAZINGLY. has also helped me with S.A.D.