Growth of new neurites.

Posted by Reviewer3076478 on Oct 21, 2009

I've been taking ALCA in combination with ALCAR, as the two different forms are synergistic. Individually they both possess the ability to stimulate new neurite growth, however together they are far more potent. Another winning combo for neurite growth is Uridine/Choline/DHA, which has the ability to increase intellect within gerbils, and no doubt in humans as well.

Good help with multitasking

Posted by Reviewer1206797 on Oct 31, 2008

I find this product really helps my brain with multitasking. I own a store and my to-do list is always a mile long and my reasoning process seems clearer after using Alca 500, enabling me to make better a faster decisions.

Alca alCa aLca

Posted by 101010011 on Sep 23, 2008

prefer this over regular acetyl l car. think fast and sharp with loads of energy on top. my muscles rebound better after workouts too. pair this with a little r lipoic and coQ10 and youll be ready to take on the world

Best Value at this date

Posted by Reviewer2929627 on Mar 24, 2007

This Jarrow Acetyl L-Carnitine Arginate is the best price I have found for this type of AL-Carnitine.

Great energy booster.

Posted by Reviewer2284349 on Jan 11, 2009

Works well with time released alpha lipoic acid.

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer2654177 on Jan 11, 2012

This stuff definitely gets the mitochondria pumping in short order, with all of the associated benefits. It crosses the blood brain barrier well and helps recharge the body's antioxidant systems. People on dialysis should take it right after dialysis because some studies have shown that the body's own supply is depleted after dialysis. Very effective with Alpha lipoic acid and omega 3 fatty acid combination. Acetyl l carnitine transports fatty acids across blood brain barrier to mitochondria, alpha lipoic acid involved of transport of fatty acid into mitochondria (and also potent antioxidant that supports mitochondrial function, and the omega 3 is either the fuel or helps pump the system once inside, not sure exactly which. Just be careful not to push it too hard; I find it more effective to use when stressed and worn down. Be careful with this combination if you are diabetic because it can drive your blood sugar down if you are type II, probably by increasing the muscle's ability to react to insulin, probably through mitochondrial output, but that is a guess. Oh, for those who do not know what a mitochondria is, it is power company of each of your body's cells. If your body does not have enough energy to maintain itself, it starts to degrade and you can have low energy, poor memory, depression, and other illnesses as a result.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1347765 on Feb 23, 2009

Almost immediately after using this product I seem to have more stable energy. I have CFS and this will still have to be tested over time.

Not good for my low blood pressure...

Posted by 4946624616245886969 on Dec 31, 2012

though I should have done more homework on the product. Be careful with Arginate if you do have low blood pressure.

Misleading Front cover and name

Posted by 4901279790416287504 on Jun 12, 2013

Please note that the 500 printed on the front label and used in the name is not the actual amount of Arginate, but the total weight of the capsule. I was taking Life Extension's Arginate product before, they are large capsules that provide 320mg of Arginate per capsule. I thought this would be more efficient and save me from having to take 3-4 capsules to 2-3 capsules. However as soon as I opened it and saw what tiny capsules are inside I knew it was a lie. I emailed Jarrow about this who pretended to not understand what I was saying. Below is what they wrote: Thanks for your inquiry. 500 mg. is the total weight. The amount of acetyl l-carnitine provided (elemental amount) listed on the back of the bottle's Nutrition Facts Panel is 200 mg.

Jarrow Formulas, ALCA 500, Acetyl L - Carnitine Arginate, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer1191735 on Aug 12, 2008

I love Jarrow products and this form of Acetyl-l-Carnitine is combined with Arginine which makes it the best form as far as I can tell. I use it for energy and I find that it works.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »