Methyl Cobalamin

Posted by Reviewer2534376 on Jun 09, 2014

100 ug of B12 in this but I like it a lot more than the more commonly available cyano-B12 (cyanide). According to the literature 75% of methyl-B12 is retained after 24 h. Compare this to only 25% for the cyano form. Contains Folate (the reduced form) rather than folic acid. Reduced means it's in it's active form and doesn't need to be activated. The reduced form is much more effective than the folic acid. Nice one Jarrow!!! Also like the fact that it contains a decent number of tablets. It's so popular that I keep having to order more. One warning... DON'T take it just before going to bed... you won't sleep. Much smarter to take it in the morning. Tried the adenosyl (dibencozide) form but don't like it as much even at 5x the dose. Wouldn't mind trying the hydroxo B12 form but it's seems to be something that you mainly get by injection. Always hated the cyano form... so absolutely do not miss it!!! Try reading Could it be B12 by Pacholok if you want a really interesting read about B12.

Capsules went soggy and discoloured

Posted by Reviewer1988882 on Nov 29, 2011

Balanced instead of identical amounts of each vitamin, this is the one you want. Jarrow uses methy b12 and P5P instead of the cheaper, less biologically available forms of b12 and b6. Did not give me niacin flush! In spite of sealing bottle tightly, capsules have softened, discoloured and are sticking together so much that I have to discard the last fifth of the bottle! (We do live in a humid climate, but my other supplements are OK!)

caused flushing!!! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on Jul 10, 2013

This product has all the B suppliments you need and in high quantity and quality. Jarrow has put the right b12 in here which is methylcobalamin; you don't want cyanocobalamin (which is in most!) because the body has to convert it twice before your body can use it... they are all the active forms as well. I didn't realize the Niacin would cause me problems, but yes it does. After using it as a sublingual, which did not work at all because it is too much powder and taste gross, I had problems taking it the regular way with water. It caused an intense/hot flush on my face, knees and elbows for 30 minutes about an hour after I take it . I would have to get a cold wash cloth and dab these areas for about an hour or so to feel better. I took it for about 2yrs before this happened but now I will not reorder.

Great product, but don't over do it.

Posted by Reviewer2236210 on Jan 29, 2008

The only B complex supplement I could find that used the most bio-available B-12, Methylcobalamin. Without this, I tended to get drowsy by late morning and through the middle of the day. I have to be careful to only take it with breakfast. Any later than that and I can't go to sleep at night! Every other day works for me. Too much and I can't sleep.

Too strong for me

Posted by Reviewer3313422 on Jul 06, 2008

These do give a burst of energy, but they made me feel kind of jumpy. I tried putting half into an empty capsule and that seemed to help somewhat. I don't take them every day and probably wouldn't reorder at this strength.