will get the bile going

Posted by kanaca on Apr 28, 2014

My liver and gall bladder were in need of some detox and I don't have time to get to a liver cleanse. I used this for a few weeks and I think I can prolong a couple more months til I get to the cleanse. I would take this in conjunction with malic acid to loosen the gallstones. But don't use this long (1-2 weeks) if you still have a gallbladder.

Working great after gall bladder surgery.

Posted by 5181802705031470889 on Dec 14, 2012

At a naturalistic doc to whom I was complaining about weight gain to around my middle. He notes I had my gall bladder removed and asked if I was taking bile salt supplements prior to eating because that's what you gall bladder produces. I hadn't because no one told me to...anyway taking it and it's working and I FEEL better - not so bloated. Hard to find in stores though so buy it here if you need it, it was the whole reason I tried this site and I am so happy I did! I'll be back for more! :)

Great for after cleanse

Posted by Reviewer2600891 on May 20, 2010

Did a liver gallbladder cleanse and could not believe the congestion. I'm slim and eat a healthy diet, but I think the toxins were a "cumulative load" My doctor suggested this supplement to help digest fats and keep bile flowing. Works great. Digestion is better and it shows. Skin looks better and is less dry. Also, I have more energy. Can't go a day without this now. I take with a meal. No stomach bloating or upset. Just feel better! I goofed up my order and herb fixed my mistake and shipped this to me quickly Service here a iherb is nothing short of spectacular!

Good in conjunction with enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1962787 on Nov 15, 2008

I have digestive issues, mainly gall bladder spasms and unpredictable bloating. I take one capsule with Garden of Life enzymes each meal and I rarely have any sensations after eating. For heavier meals I take 2x capsules, although I find if I try to be heavy handed and take 2x capsules with a light meal, my body tells me this is too much and I feel quite uncomfortable, mild heart burn sensation. Of all the formulations on this site, I have found Bile Acid Factors to be the best without unnecessary additives or extra herbs etc.

very fast effect

Posted by gallbladdertreatment on Jan 17, 2013

i am used to have gallbladder problems but bile acid give me very fast relief. i take 3 of them before every meal or breakfast.heal your liver and your body and save your gallbladder.

Lower strength would be ideal

Posted by Reviewer1382130 on May 30, 2011

A great product, but still too strong for those with sensitive stomachs (like me). And as usual, the old Jarrows problem - put stearates in everything. With a better filler (l-leucine etc) and a lower dose, like 125mg (as other leading brands are doing now), this would be perfect.

Helping

Posted by Reviewer3321370 on Feb 01, 2010

I take this to help my body digest food after having had my gallbladder removed. For two years I had stomach pains every time I ate. This has helped a lot. I haven't had any pains in weeks.

Jarrow formulas bile acid factors

Posted by Reviewer2216885 on Mar 25, 2012

I was hoping this formula would help me break down fat after an operation to remove my gall bladder and other parts of my intestine , however it just gave me stomach cramps and prevented the absorption of my medication

TAKE WITH CAUTION

Posted by 5276414654041257343 on Mar 04, 2016

I am on my first bottle so cannot say for sure how it has helped my low functioning GB and gall stones.. but i would like to state that for me there are two unpleasant side effects that i am not too happy with.. 1) If i take 2 or more capsules a day i will suffer from terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea.. the cramps are quite long and severe.. 2) If i down a capsule without enough water.. there will be a VERY BAD burn in my upper stomach and GI area.. Hope advice helps..

jarrow Formulas, Bile Acid Factor,333 mg,90

Posted by Reviewer1572441 on Jan 24, 2011

sorry to say it did not work for me. So I will not reorder the product.