Jarrow Formulas, Bone-Up, Superior Calcium Formula, 240 Capsules

Ostioperosis Prevention

Posted by Reviewer1120097 on Mar 02, 2010

I have noticed that taking Bone Up has really eased a lot of joint pain. Taken in conjunction with Vitamin D, it will help prevent ostioperosis.

JARROW BONE UP

Posted by Reviewer2864376 on Jan 16, 2009

I've been using this product inconsistently for several years. However, after two major shoulder reconstructive surgeries (both shoulders) in 7 months and creaking in my right knee, I decided to get consistent with it. I don't always take the recommended 6 capsules/day (I am only 45 years old), but I am consistent taking at least 3 6-7 days/week. I believe it has sped up the healing of my poor shoulders, and the beginning to be chronic creaking and mild pain in my right knee are gone! I believe this is from the formula Jarrow provides in Bone Up. I also have multiple sclerosis and believe it has helped me (with other supplements and pharmaceutical medications) to feel a bit stronger and have more physical stamina. I'd recommend this for anyone over 40 who is beginning to experience orthopedic issues (e.g., stiff joints, creaking, pain), although exercise and consultation with doctors are essential, too!

Best I've found.

Posted by Reviewer1310224 on Jan 28, 2010

After having gone to a nutritionist and gotten a list of things that I was suppose to take for my 'pre' osteoporosis, I went home and researched calcium products. Bone-up was the only one I could find that had all of the ingredients the nutritionist suggested. I've been taking it for years, and am very happy with it. Originally, I was taking the vegetarian boneup. The only difference is that has vitamin d2 v. d3, which is derived from animal sources but supposedly assimilates into your system better. If you don't have a problem with using D3, the regular bone-up is fine, a bit cheaper and in capsule form, which I like better. I also felt I needed better Vitamin D absorption than I was getting so, even though I'm a vegetarian in all other respects, I take the regular Bone-up along with an extra 2400 iu's of Vitamin D3/day. If you are a vegan or strict vegetarian and D2 works for you, the vegetarian Bone-up is the same in all other respects. But I would also increase your intake of Vitamin D2 as well, since recent studies have shown that what we normally get is not quite enough. Get bloodwork done and ask your doctor how much is right for you.

Bone-Up or lose them

Posted by Reviewer2953361 on Apr 23, 2009

Bone Up by Jarrow Formulas is TOP NOTCH. Certainly the thing to take to help with keeping our bones healthy. I hike & sometimes fall--comes with age(63). I have never even sprained an ankle. I would never consider not taking this formula.

Jason, Bone-Up

Posted by Reviewer2963893 on Mar 29, 2011

I have been taking this product for years and am very satisfied. I had a bone density test about 6 months ago and compared to the one i had 6 years ago, I have not had any more bone loss/ Also, I recently broke my 5th metatarsal and my doctor said i healed very quickly. I attributed this to taking extra Bone-Up during the healing period and also because i have taken it regularly for many years.