I'm moving on...

Posted by Specialist on Feb 28, 2011

I always liked this formula and Jarrow's non-vegetarian Bone-Up because of their use of MK-7 (even though it is a small amount). Not many manufacturers are aware of Vit. K's importance in keeping calcium out of soft tissue and in the bones. This formula used to have Glucosamine HCL in it, but now it has potassium (which is a lot cheaper and so ubiquitous in nature that I consider it to be a worthless addition). So they took something valuable out and basically gave us nothing back. They also use magnesium oxide which is poorly absorbed. It's convenient taking a calcium "formula" but there are compromises. So, after using a few bottles of this formula, I've decide to move on. I'm willing to take a few more pills to get what I really want in a supplement. I'll be using Now Foods- Red Mineral Algae, Healthy Origins Vitamin D3 5000, Jarrow- MK7, Thorne Research- Magnesium CitraMate, Zinc Glycinate, and Solgar- Multi Chelated 3mg Boron. I already take a B-Vitamin, Vit C, and chlorophyll (for copper), so everything is covered.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2114713 on Dec 14, 2007

I have been taking Jarrow Bone Up for approximately 3 years and my bone density has increased in each bone density scan I have had done. This is the only calcium product that has done that for me. I would recommend it to anyone.

Bone Up

Posted by Reviewer1120097 on Nov 19, 2008

I had been previously taking another calcium supplement. After starting Bone Up I noticed a marked improvement. I had reduced joint pain. I started this supplement to combat ostioperrosis. I plan to have new blood tests done in January to check on my progress. It would be good to have higher dosages of calcium in small pill sizes.

good tabs

Posted by Reviewer1599768 on Feb 06, 2011

got this for my husband, he seems satisfied with it--two a day are enough if for supplementing calcium and mag from your diet, i think.

Good!

Posted by Reviewer2469382 on May 10, 2012

I'm not sure how I tell if its working. My wrist which used to be really clicky seems to have improved. Its funny having them because of the name!

vegan Bone-Up

Posted by Reviewer1345007 on May 09, 2009

I love the ingredients & that it's vegan. However, as I also have digestion problems, I would much prefer that this came in veggie caps instead of tablets. Tablets are very difficult to digest.

Like the Jarrow brand

Posted by Reviewer2798027 on Mar 21, 2008

I liked it until I read the label and found out they contain soy. I found out that soy is not as good for you as they say. I will order something next time without soy. They say is causes hypothyroidism. I will do more research.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer3361378 on Apr 27, 2011

Great balanced blend, vegan is important to me too.

Mineral supplement

Posted by Reviewer2470916 on Dec 13, 2007

Good product. The best calcium supplement I would say.

five star

Posted by Reviewer3088990 on Jan 25, 2007

Excellent product for calcium supplement. Good asorption and utilization.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »