Jarrow Formulas, Organic, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 oz (454 g)

Smells like heaven, excellent for cooking and beauty care

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jul 21, 2012

I love coconut oil for stir fries and curries, and I don't find the mild taste to interfere with my other cooking. Great for beauty products as well--my hair and skin love it! Here in Vermont it stays solid not liquid much of the year, though it melts easily.

Taste is bland

Posted by Reviewer1438643 on Nov 18, 2012

The coconut smell of Jarrow Formulas is more bland than other brands that I have tried. Maybe it is because it is expeller pressed and not cold pressed. Cold pressed oils have a stronger flavor.

so-so

Posted by Reviewer2567408 on Oct 03, 2011

Use it for body&hair. Not very good because of smell. It smells like fried oil not like fresh green coconut oil. I were in Thailand & try oroginal coconut iol. It smells different. Want to try other oils.

Good quality - unrefined (lose weight) - It is better than Olive Oil ********* I use for oil pulling also.

Posted by coconut on Jun 25, 2012

Unrefined is better than refined. There is a little coconut taste, but it doesn't interfere with cooking. Also good for weight loss. I just take a 1/2 tablespoon with meals two times a day. Many times the coconut oil is in a solid state. Id so, I just take a spoonful in my mouth and move it around for a few seconds for my mouth to melt it. Coconut oil is better than olive oil when cooking. Olive oil breaks down with heat. Coconut oil doesn't. However, you cannot use coconut oil in cold dishes as it turns to a solid so olive oil would be a better choice in cold meals. I also use coconut oil for oil pulling. My teeth have great color as a result. I had people tell me that my teeth look so clean and white!

Super!

Posted by Marishkaaa on Jun 07, 2012

Suitable for cosmetic purposes and in the kitchen!)