4.7 out of 5 based on 2044 reviews

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer1557911 on Aug 15, 2011

Wonderful taste, I have been mixing it into my green tea and I love it. It's only been a week but I feel my energy has increased and my brain is clearer. I bought it as I have been sick a lot this year and have read about it's immune boosting properties, I will have to wait and see how it goes in that regard as it's too early to tell.

Taste is bland

Posted by Reviewer1438643 on Nov 18, 2012

The coconut smell of Jarrow Formulas is more bland than other brands that I have tried. Maybe it is because it is expeller pressed and not cold pressed. Cold pressed oils have a stronger flavor.

so-so

Posted by Reviewer2567408 on Oct 03, 2011

Use it for body&hair. Not very good because of smell. It smells like fried oil not like fresh green coconut oil. I were in Thailand & try oroginal coconut iol. It smells different. Want to try other oils.

Good quality - unrefined (lose weight) - It is better than Olive Oil ********* I use for oil pulling also.

Posted by coconut on Jun 25, 2012

Unrefined is better than refined. There is a little coconut taste, but it doesn't interfere with cooking. Also good for weight loss. I just take a 1/2 tablespoon with meals two times a day. Many times the coconut oil is in a solid state. Id so, I just take a spoonful in my mouth and move it around for a few seconds for my mouth to melt it. Coconut oil is better than olive oil when cooking. Olive oil breaks down with heat. Coconut oil doesn't. However, you cannot use coconut oil in cold dishes as it turns to a solid so olive oil would be a better choice in cold meals. I also use coconut oil for oil pulling. My teeth have great color as a result. I had people tell me that my teeth look so clean and white!

The best cooking oil

Posted by OKOKOK on Jul 14, 2012

This is the best cooking oil I've tried. I use it in almost everything, baking, cooking, raw chocolate and even on my skin and hair!