10% Off Orders Over $40!

Jarrow Formulas, Ginger, 4:1 Concentrate, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Reviews 1-star

Not recommended

Posted by Reviewer1240499 on Dec 22, 2009

Over the years, Nature's Way Ginger Root never created any problems. No so with this one, that I got because it was on sale. Jarrow uses a very thin gelatin capsule and it broke twice going down. The first time, I grabbed anything at hand to put out the fire -- water did not do it. Second time it happened I was prepared. There was no 3rd time because the rest of the capsules went into the compost heap. I don't have acid reflux. But after 2 bouts of putting out fires I can sympathize with those unfortunates. If you do buy this one just be prepared to be breathing smoke and putting out fires. There was not 3rd time. down

Acid stomachhhhh

Posted by Reviewer1216685 on Jul 16, 2012

Really bad option. I had a big problem, acid stomach. I only take one pill and i have a bigg acid.

weird taste and odor if you open the capsule

Posted by teacupLA on Oct 20, 2014

I used to like it until I started using a half teaspoon or more of organic ground ginger root like the kind from Frontier herbs. I opened up a capsule the other day and mixed it with hot water to drink as tea as I ran out of Ginger Root tea and the stink from the ingredients in the capsule was too yucky for me to ever use this again. We use the real root and boil it or else a Ginger Root Tea (no other additives) or as I noted above a good organic ground ginger root. Too many of these companies use too many additives in their products and we are trying to cut down on that stuff.