Good amino acid profile when mixed with pea protein

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Sep 29, 2012

The taste is quite fresh and not strong, but I can still feel it in my green smoothies. It mixes well with water and I like that it comes with a scoop, making it easy to take the amount you want. And it is organic. Also, the proteins in hemp, 65% edestin (similar to the globulin found in human blood plasma) and 35% albumin, aid digestion and assimilation and are good immune builders. I also like that this product has only 50% protein along with fibers and other valuable nutrients present in present in hemp seeds (essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants), making it not just a protein supplement but almost a super-food. The only downside is that, although hemp protein contains all the essential amino acids, it is NOT A COMPLETE PROTEIN, because their proportions are not right for optimal use by the body : hemp protein is deficient in lysine with only 26 mg per gram of protein, while we need 51 mg according to the Institute of Medicine's Food and Nutrition Board. Protein quality is dependant on having all the essential amino acids in the proper proportions. If one or more amino acid is not present in sufficient amounts, the protein in your diet is considered incomplete, and it may limit the body's ability to synthesize its own proteins. In order to achieve a superior amino acid profile, you can mix this with yellow (split) pea protein powder, which is rich in lysine. This combination allows one to enjoy the benefits of hemp protein powder with improved bioavailability. There are also other foods that are high in lysine (some fish...). I hope this helps.

You can not go wrong with Hemp protein !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

I LOVE the Jarrow Formulas Hemp Protein. I bought this because I am a vegan and I was feeling like I could use some extra protein in my diet. I have been using it daily for about 2 weekss now and the results are highly satisfying. It adds a slight grassy flavor and slight texture so I can add it to whatever I am cooking without really noticing it. I mix it in salad dressing, mustard, tomato sauce, almond milk, coffee smoothies, fruit smoothies, or make a protein-packed cheat food like gluten-free cocoa pancakes with Hemp Protein in them. Also, it blends well with fresh or frozen berries and fruits.I do feel more energized when i take this, and you dont get that bloated gassy feeling like with soy. It is easy to digest and hemp protein is supposedly more usable by the body than whey or soy. There are 15g of protein per serving, not as much compared to whey, but hemp protein is nice because it is not produced from an animal product. It's not highly processed like whey, soy, rice or other protein powders. I realy love hemp powder because is an important source of amino acids, dietary fiber and essential fatty acids that brings me a lot of health benefits. I have read that hemp is very environmentally friendly since it is grown without pesticides and herbacides. Also, no other natural plant source contains the healthy blend of 21 amino acids, fibers and essential fatty acids than the seed of Cannabis sativa that offers a perfect nutritious diet which is easy for digestion as well as free from side effects. Other than offering high energy and nutrients for the body, hemp proteins contain 65 % of globulin that offers natural strength for the body to fight immune deficiency diseases. It offers natural antibodies that can safeguard your body from infection and related health disorders.Hemp powder is one of the few food sources which contains GLA! So, if you want an excellent source of protein from one of the most nutritious sources known, I higly recommended this

So much tastier than other hemp powders!

Posted by naturalorganic on Oct 28, 2013

This is so much tastier than other hemp powders I tried. Those were organic too. But this is much nicer. Not that horrible taste, especially the after taste, you can taste after drinking some hemp powder. This is actually really nice and I'm gonna keep on buying it cause it's an amazing price too! I love it!

Jarrow Formulas, Hemp Protein Powder, Unflavored, 16 oz (454 g)

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Aug 29, 2013

One of the best protein powders. This protein is among the most digestible protein available. Good content of amino acids, essential fatty acids, even minerals especially magnesium. Taste is neutral, you can always add stevia for example if you want. Hemp protein specifically contains two blood building proteins: edistin and albumin. Yes, feed me more for more muscles :)

Jarrow Formulas, Hemp Protein, Unflavored, 16 oz (454 g)

Posted by Reviewer2166233 on Jun 26, 2008

The best hemp protein available at IHerb. Tastes the best, and mixes the smoothest. Seems to be more in a container than other brands too.

This is a great source of protein!

Posted by Reviewer2861802 on Mar 24, 2010

I am surprised that more people do not know about all the benefits of hemp protein. It is the best for that added protein boost in anyone's diet. Jarrow is a leader in raw foods. This product tastes great and is very fresh. Great price and excellent quality makes this an excellence choice. Give hemp protein a real honest try and you won't be disappointed.

Not worth the money

Posted by Reviewer3086304 on May 09, 2009

This problem of this product is that it turns bad very fast once opened. I will not buy it again

Nice Protein

Posted by DenaerisTargaryen on Jul 08, 2013

I use this protein to enhance and stiffen my larebars and make them dry. These are energy home made bars based on nuts and dates. By adding this protein the bars get dry and have increased protein content.

Hemp protien powder

Posted by 4720040515855411639 on May 01, 2012

I love this product. I have been using this to add to my protein intake. It has an earthy - gritty taste and taste much better than many other protein shakes I have tried. It is not heavy tasting but filling. This has helped me stay on my 1500 calorie intake in loosing weight. The benefits too are amazing. This is the best price online as well.

Best Hemp Protein Yet

Posted by Reviewer1109169 on Dec 04, 2008

I've tried other hemp products but find the fine powder consistency of this Jarrow product to be the best to dissolve in a smoothie. It is not as strongly flavored either so I don't feel the need to hide the taste.