Jarrow Formulas, Inulin FOS, 6.3 oz (180 g) Powder

Posted by Reviewer2356526 on Nov 26, 2007

This is so sweet-tasting and has such a good texture that I can simply eat it from a spoon, or I can mix it in coffee, oatmeal, etc. You should try to take it at the same time that you eat something with calcium, and it will increase your absorption of calcium. It's also a pre-biotic (I've certainly noticed those effects) and a fiber. This particular formulation - Beneo Synergy 1 - has been tested on young teenage girls, and they found that the girls were less likely to put on excess weight, since this is filling and presumably led them to eat less during the day. But at the same time, it helps girls at that age to absorb calcium and build bone mass, so they're less likely to get osteoporosis years later. I recommend this for all ages.

Love it

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Dec 29, 2008

At first I dind's dare to take this because I read some articles about it, that told you not to use it because it also helps the growth of klebsiella bacteria. So I went to my docter and he told me it was safe to take, because it helps the growth of the good bacteria. And they will keep the bad down. I also take pro and prebiotics and togeter it works very well to get my flora (in the gut) better. After using a lot of antibiotics, my flora was very bad. So now I use it till my flora is healthy again. And the taste is marvellous. I tastes like a cotton candy!!!

INULIN

Posted by Reviewer1465324 on Oct 31, 2008

Iherb services, product delivery and shiping cost is excellent. Jarrow Formula, Inulin, 180 gram powder is excellent product that works great with Probiotics. This has improved my digestion tremondouly and rebalanced my entire digestive system from within. From trial and error for many years,, finally I found Inulin, probiotic and stevia work miracle on health of GI tract and immunity.Now I understand why farmers in India grow chicory(inulin from chicory roots)and use it.

Inulin - seems to help

Posted by Reviewer1042750 on Sep 13, 2009

My Gastro dietician said it was now thought to be better to take PREbiotics rather than probiotics for IBS. She said to try a variety of Prebiotic foods but also to give Inulin a try. I've just taken it a week but haven't had a bad IBS attack which is great. I'm also taking Jarrow Probiotics as I want to cover all angles!

Have you fed your friendly GI bacteria today?

Posted by Reviewer1826088 on Jun 18, 2013

Simply put, to help balance the scale in favor of good vs. bad GI bacteria, this is a must have product. The combination of both long and short chain allows for fermentation of the entire colon. If you eat a western based diet of animal protein, refined sugar and other nutritionally useless foods then this is the only way to offset the bad things we put in our bodies. Yogurt and Kefir are great but remember that less than 1% of the good bacteria ever make it to their final destination. Also note, you will experience large amounts of gas if you take too much. This means it is working but your friends, family and coworkers may not appreciate what you have to share :-)