Dislike ferric iron, casein/succinylate and fillers - mixed results

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 27, 2014

Suggest not taking ferric iron at all - or take with vit C to help avoid inactivation of key enzymes (e.g. tyrosine hydroxylase). IPS is designed to get through the stomach unchanged to be absorbed in the duodenum - while it's not much casein, suggest it might be ample for sensitive systems - OR - something else about that IPS 'delivery system' is a bit much. I had mixed results taking this - few OK, others not (e.g. major discomfort with repeat but occasional use only), regardless of what I ate/took with it - I find ferrous sulphate less problematic. If you tolerate the casein/succinylate, studies support this form 'decreases both the prevalence and the duration of adverse events without prejudice for the clinical efficacy' (from one study re IPS vs ferrous sulphate). However - there are also studies that show persistent, unresolved iron deficiency responds to manganese - another strategy worth invesigating, especially if there's a history of medications/herbs that affect liver chemistry/function, including liver 'cleansing'. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Not what I expected

Posted by Reviewer1296428 on Aug 30, 2008

I have tried many different forms and brands of Iron due to anemia, I was not as satisfied with this product due to intestinal bloating.

The best Iron

Posted by Reviewer3137418 on Oct 27, 2008

This is the best form of Iron to take if one wants to avoid constipation from more commonly prescribed forms of Iron.I was severely anemic, and it is working remarkably well to bring my Iron and Ferritin levels back to normal. Jarrow has also been consistently reliable for me, and I highly recommend this one!

Best iron!

Posted by Reviewer1320488 on Jul 26, 2009

This is the only iron I can take. I have tried about 10 other iron preparations and this is the only one that does not make me ill. Great product!

Great for anemia issues

Posted by Reviewer1929716 on Sep 15, 2007

This iron is easily absorbed with no constipation. Take with some ester-C apart from other vit's for best absorption.

Iron that works

Posted by Reviewer2497885 on May 30, 2008

Jarrow IronSorb lives up to it's name -- it absorbs well. Plus it's the only iron supplement I've ever tried that didn't cause constipation.

Be careful and take on a full stomach

Posted by Reviewer2442181 on Aug 31, 2010

Product needs to be taken on a full stomach or you might get an upset tummy.

Unfortunately, has milk ingredients

Posted by Umbridge on Apr 17, 2010

I probably just didn't read this carefully enough, but it's not vegan. It does appear to be vegetarian, but I wish they would omit the milk products.

GOOD

Posted by josealarcone on Aug 10, 2013

GOOD

iron

Posted by 5248531788123734411 on Sep 01, 2014

Great and I have finally found something that actually helps, with my multiple forms of anemia.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »