This product defeats the purpose of krill oil

Posted by Reviewer3341786 on Oct 17, 2012

They removed almost all of the astaxanthin - the natural antioxidant in untampered with krill oil that helps keep it fresh and is otherwise very good for you. Also, this krill oil is very low in DHA and EPA compared to some others. Don't be fooled by the low cost. A serving is 2 capsules. This is a blatant ploy to put a low price on something that can be called "krill oil" but actually shouldn't qualify for that name.

ASTAXANTHIN DEFICIENT

Posted by Reviewer2118570 on Jan 04, 2011

I purchased this product for the Astaxanthin content. Jarrow reformulated this product by reducing the astaxanthin content from 1.5mg to 50 mcg. At this level of potency it is not worth the price of admission. I returned the newly purchased bottles.

stay away

Posted by Reviewer2921911 on Jan 28, 2011

Usually I am ok with Jarrow but they have pulled the wool over our eyes with this one by sneaking in fish oil. Although there is some krill in this product I would not recommend.

Unreliable quality, on two occassions softgels arrived exploded in bottle

Posted by Reviewer1768822 on Apr 21, 2011

Unreliable quality in two bottles over two shipments. Awful krill oil smell, leaking inedible softgels, never buying again.

Prefer Now Krill oil with more Astaxanthin

Posted by JeannieCheng on Jun 26, 2014

With comparable price with Now Foods Krill oil, Jarrow's krill oil uses Antarctic Krill, instead of Neptune. With only 50 mcg (2 Softgels) Astaxanthin as compared with Now's 750 mcg. Definitely buy Now's NKO instead of Jarrow. Please also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb.

Melted tablets stuck together - fishy odor

Posted by Reviewer2822856 on Aug 25, 2011

I just opened a bottle of these. They had a very fishy odor, seemed to be malformed and were melted together in the bottom of the bottle. YUK!

from Australia

Posted by Reviewer2792171 on Apr 06, 2011

I can only take this 2-3 times weekly, otherwise it gives me pimples/rash.

Too hard to swallow

Posted by Reviewer3248358 on Nov 18, 2015

Although they are not large, they are definitely not "soft"gels. They are very hard and solid and hurt when going down my throat—I've never had this reaction with supplement I've ever taken, even vitamin pills that are over 2x bigger. Not happy about having to throw the entire bottle out rather than risk it damaging my throat. :(