10% Off Orders Over $40!

Jarrow Formulas, Krill Oil, 60 Softgels

Reviews 2-star

Jarrow Formulas, NKO

Posted by Reviewer2693711 on Nov 13, 2008

I usually love Jarrow formulas but I did not like this product. It had a very strong fishy odor and an odd aftertaste. I will not be purchasing it again.

Smells like shrimp + burps

Posted by Reviewer2457263 on Feb 05, 2011

I find these to smell strongly of shrimp, so I keep them zipped up in a ziplock. I'm sure they're effective, but I'll stick to fish oil.

Awful Smell.

Posted by Rosiee on Sep 17, 2012

Last time I bought a bottle of these, the softgel's contents had terrible, rancid smell. To make matters worse, I discovered that fact, when I was already through half the container, putting in my body this unworthy product. According to the expiration date listed on the bottle, it still had several months of good use, but I guess the raw product used for this batch was not on the necessary level. After some time I "bumped" into this item once again, this time in iHerb's Super Specials section. It was a good deal and I've read quite a few articles praising the krill oil, stating how superior it is to the fish oil and so on. So I pulled the trigger and bought the stuff again. This time, when it arrived, the first thing I did was to chew one softgel to see if this time it was all good. Well, fortunately the nasty smell was replaced with the regular "fishy" smell. It is not a pleasant smell, but at least I can tell it was fresh. A month later and the bottle was finitó. Frankly, I didn't feel any better compared to when I was on regular fish oil. Maybe it would take longer time to notice any difference. Maybe it contains more antioxidants per gram. Maybe.Maybe.Maybe. To see for myself it will cost me time and money with uncertain results. That's why I am ditching the krill oil for good and return to regular fish oil (the one offered by Natural Factors is pretty concentrated and the New Chapter Salmon oil is of exceptional quality) and sometimes plant based omega formulas (flax oil, borage, evening primrose) for a change.

Krill Oil

Posted by Reviewer3169169 on Apr 14, 2012

unable to access the benefit yet my wife is using them but the smell is not very pleasent when you open the jar