Too hard to swallow

Posted by Reviewer3248358 on Nov 18, 2015

Although they are not large, they are definitely not "soft"gels. They are very hard and solid and hurt when going down my throat—I've never had this reaction with supplement I've ever taken, even vitamin pills that are over 2x bigger. Not happy about having to throw the entire bottle out rather than risk it damaging my throat. :(

good second best

Posted by Reviewer2255839 on Dec 16, 2014

I got these as they seemed to compare fairly well with Dr Mercola one's but were a bit cheaper. I'd probably go with Dr Mercola's if I could afford it but felt these run a good second best. They're quite strong smelling but I guess krill is going to be a bit stinky.

As advertised

Posted by 5210826161262109858 on Oct 20, 2014

Krill oil is very good for you. No complaints.

Prefer Now Krill oil with more Astaxanthin

Posted by JeannieCheng on Jun 26, 2014

With comparable price with Now Foods Krill oil, Jarrow's krill oil uses Antarctic Krill, instead of Neptune. With only 50 mcg (2 Softgels) Astaxanthin as compared with Now's 750 mcg. Definitely buy Now's NKO instead of Jarrow. Please also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb.

Seemingly good

Posted by HonestReviewsHere on Jun 16, 2014

Omega-3 is vital for depression and many other brain functions. This seems to be working without any issues at taking 3 grams- fish oil gave me indigestion but this one doesn't and supposedly absorbs better than fish oil.

Can't see prominent results

Posted by Reviewer1861172 on Dec 22, 2013

So, would rather go for NKO products which are more scientifically proven wrt TRG/CHOL/CRP,( C-reactive protein )lowering.

No repeats!

Posted by Reviewer2239251 on Aug 13, 2013

This is so much better than regular fish oil. No fishy burps either!

A very good health tonic

Posted by Reviewer2264525 on Dec 11, 2012

The most current research suggests a number of systemic health benefits from the regular use of krill oil. Jarrow is an excellent company with great quality control.

This product defeats the purpose of krill oil

Posted by Reviewer3341786 on Oct 17, 2012

They removed almost all of the astaxanthin - the natural antioxidant in untampered with krill oil that helps keep it fresh and is otherwise very good for you. Also, this krill oil is very low in DHA and EPA compared to some others. Don't be fooled by the low cost. A serving is 2 capsules. This is a blatant ploy to put a low price on something that can be called "krill oil" but actually shouldn't qualify for that name.

Awful Smell.

Posted by Rosiee on Sep 17, 2012

Last time I bought a bottle of these, the softgel's contents had terrible, rancid smell. To make matters worse, I discovered that fact, when I was already through half the container, putting in my body this unworthy product. According to the expiration date listed on the bottle, it still had several months of good use, but I guess the raw product used for this batch was not on the necessary level. After some time I "bumped" into this item once again, this time in iHerb's Super Specials section. It was a good deal and I've read quite a few articles praising the krill oil, stating how superior it is to the fish oil and so on. So I pulled the trigger and bought the stuff again. This time, when it arrived, the first thing I did was to chew one softgel to see if this time it was all good. Well, fortunately the nasty smell was replaced with the regular "fishy" smell. It is not a pleasant smell, but at least I can tell it was fresh. A month later and the bottle was finitó. Frankly, I didn't feel any better compared to when I was on regular fish oil. Maybe it would take longer time to notice any difference. Maybe it contains more antioxidants per gram. Maybe.Maybe.Maybe. To see for myself it will cost me time and money with uncertain results. That's why I am ditching the krill oil for good and return to regular fish oil (the one offered by Natural Factors is pretty concentrated and the New Chapter Salmon oil is of exceptional quality) and sometimes plant based omega formulas (flax oil, borage, evening primrose) for a change.