Jarrow Formulas, L-Glutamine, 8 oz (227 g) Powder

Great at first then stomach pains

Posted by Reviewer1630926 From Australia on Nov 25, 2012

I really loved it at first, game me some energy and helped with muscle weakness/pain. I had it every day, but after a couple of months on it, I started to get pains in my stomach every time I took it and the pain lasted a long time (at least 8hrs). I tried other brands and had same side effect, so it's not this brand. Review: I read that after your body has enough, you start to get reactions. I have started to take it again after 1year without it and hadn't had stomach pains. I only take 1/4 teaspoon

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1259171 From North Carolina on Dec 07, 2010

All of Jarrow's products are good. My doctor tells me it is good for intestines.

Pure Amino Acids Not Recommended

Posted by Reviewer2469206 From Puerto Rico on Jul 13, 2012

Pure amino acids are generally not a good idea as the body can absorb too much, which creates imbalances.

Pretty good!

Posted by 4727773313905539157 on Jul 16, 2012

I've only ever used this Powder. I've found such relief from my IBS and leaky using L-Glutamine powder in general. From my research, this is the most cost effective powder around.

Depressed

Posted by 4751930459317734934 on Dec 25, 2013

I am prone to depression, and after trying L-glutamine, experienced intense depression and irribility not long after consuming. The effect was repeatable, so I have quit taking it.