Jarrow Formulas, L-Tryptophan, 500 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Knocks me out

Posted by Reviewer1075233 From Japan on Jan 10, 2010

In terms of any kind of insomnia, one pill will knock me out quickly, surprising how fast. However the next day I feel very heavy, a little drowsy, and a bit foggy through the morning. I havn`t noticed any kind of `mood enhancing` effect, but the physical heaviness I get the next day prevents me from being in much of a good mood. I was interested in this primarily to aid with depression, but it makes me way too tired/heavy to be taken regularily and function mentally at 100%.

sleep

Posted by Reviewer2770454 From Colorado on Nov 22, 2009

love this product--allows me to relax and fall asleep and stay asleep--if i should wake--i am right back to sleep

One of the Best Tryptophan products on the Market!!

Posted by Reviewer2038082 From California on Feb 02, 2012

I have used Tryptophan for years and Jarrow is one of the best brands I have used! Ajinomoto is the company to look for! I tried a less expensive brand with another type of Tryptophan and was not nearly as happy with it as I am with this product. Just so people know Tryptophan is a pre-curser to Melatonin. If you take B-6 with Tryptophan and some juice or sugar it will convert to seratonin and finally to melatonin. Tryptophan is used for sleep aid, depression, and pain relief. As odd as it may sound Tryptophan does help reduce pain, can help lower the incidence of Migraines as well. The dose depends on the person. For me, 3 work great. I have tried Melatonin with Tryptophan and it makes me too drowsy the next day. This is a wonderful product delivered the next day!! Thanks iherb!!

Tryptophan Review

Posted by Reviewer2250869 From Florida on Aug 14, 2009

Jarrow Formulas for L-Tryptophan continue to be my favorite for this nutrient. It has changed my outlook on life and given me the calmness and complete night's rest since I began its use.

Jarrow Formulas L-Tryptophan 500 60 caps

Posted by Reviewer3277333 From California on Jul 25, 2008

Excellent. I'm stress free and sleep like a baby.