• Jarrow Formulas uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

Tryptophan Review

Posted by Reviewer2250869 on Aug 14, 2009

Jarrow Formulas for L-Tryptophan continue to be my favorite for this nutrient. It has changed my outlook on life and given me the calmness and complete night's rest since I began its use.

Jarrow Formulas L-Tryptophan 500 60 caps

Posted by Reviewer3277333 on Jul 25, 2008

Excellent. I'm stress free and sleep like a baby.

havent taken many

Posted by Reviewer1367847 on Mar 16, 2009

works good could not tell any difference in these compared to other brands good

So-so

Posted by Reviewer1338371 on Nov 16, 2008

Product works fast, but doesn't last all night. I get about 4 hours sleep, then am wide awake.

L-Trytophan

Posted by Reviewer3285982 on Aug 26, 2008

It really caused a great deal of stomach pain, and I had a worse night sleep than I did before taking it. Could just be me, but I had to throw it away after taking one capsule.

Doesn't work!

Posted by 5311742311727924689 on Jun 04, 2015

Doesn't make you sleep better, waste of money!

Good quality, but not for me

Posted by Reviewer1706966 on Jan 20, 2010

This product is a good choice, but having tried a number of different serotonin precursors including 5-HTP I recommend you to better try pharmaGABA and/or Taurine if your main problem is anxiety, because this can make you more depressed due to its dampening effects over noradrenaline.

Best sleep available

Posted by Reviewer2049460 on Sep 20, 2008

Tryptophan is far superior to anything else I've tried for sleep, including strong and toxic drugs. Two grams of this plus valerian and I'm off to dreamland, awaking easily and with no "hangover." Thanks iHerb for making such great products available at the best prices to be found!

sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2796695 on Oct 16, 2008

helps me get to sleep without any Rx's

L-Tryptophan

Posted by petersar on Oct 15, 2008

No problem with the tablets, they are great anti depresssant and relaxation aid. My only complaint is living in the UK I get a massive surcharge when the order arrives thereby adding 50% to the price.