• Jarrow Formulas uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

L-Tryptophan

Posted by petersar on Oct 15, 2008

No problem with the tablets, they are great anti depresssant and relaxation aid. My only complaint is living in the UK I get a massive surcharge when the order arrives thereby adding 50% to the price.

helps with sleep and anxiety

Posted by Reviewer2729859 on Nov 08, 2009

I've being using L-Tropraphan for 2years now. I've suffer from Panic disorder for the past 25 years. The L-Tryptophan has been a gerat help with alleviating my anxyety and also helps me have a more relaxed sleep. I have had no hesitation recommending this product to friends and family who suffer with similar problems

alright

Posted by Reviewer1878390 on Nov 01, 2008

not enough caps in the bottle, I'd prefer a faster dissolving cap or powder

L-tryptophan helps with sleep

Posted by Reviewer3252107 on Aug 27, 2009

This does help me sleep. I use it along with complete amino acid mixture for help with my fibromyalgia.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1308797 on Nov 27, 2009

very good

Difficult to say

Posted by Reviewer1242553 on May 17, 2010

I only used it once and found it ineffective so I didn't try it again.

Not too impressed

Posted by Reviewer1602926 on Apr 23, 2010

I am sure this is a high quality form of Tryptophan based on the brand. However, I ordered it because of all the promise Tryptophan supposedly holds as being very helpful for insomnia. This did not help me with my lack of sleep, and when I pop one at any time of the day, (empty stomach)I really can't tell that I have taken anything period. On the other hand, 5-htp sends me into another world but also does not help my sleep. These supplements are tricky, I think that in most instances you are better off taking Rx as you can at least count on a degree of consistentcy in how they actually perform.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAHhhhhhhh!

Posted by Reviewer3285264 on Jul 22, 2009

This helps with sleep and also take 10mg of melatonin..per night...this works for me (mood)...I also take amitryptaline for a sleep disorder brought on by another drug thru medical conspiracy.

Jarrow L-Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer3242491 on Nov 29, 2010

This Product is as good as Doctor,s Best product.

Jarrow L-Tryptophan, 500 mgs.

Posted by Reviewer3283867 on Jul 11, 2009

Interestingly, my doctor prescribed this supplement for sleep, in conjunction with the 25 mgs. of Trazadone that I have taken for many years. Since I've had fibromyalgia for about 10 years, I've used Trazadone to help me reach stage 4 sleep, which is the deep sleep part of the cycle, without which the body cannot adequately repair and restore tissue. The combination of the two - medication and supplement - have worked very well together to help me get the sleep I need. I highly recommend this product.