1000 mg or 500 mg?

Posted by 5201335782643692019 on Jun 11, 2015

i bought this product. the label on it is almost the same, as it only lacks the white and orange"500 mg" written. on the back of both this one in the picture,and mine, it says 1000 mg..

I suspect it only suppresses Helicobacter Pylori

Posted by 4901013426153747228 on Nov 02, 2014

Good product and soothed my stomach, however I suspect it only suppresses Helicobacter Pylori and doesn't eradicate it, as my symptoms were only reduced while taking it. I have found Manuka Honey far more effective in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori. I think Mastic Gum would be a good supplement to take after H. Pylori is eradicated, to help heal the stomach lining.

Unable to use

Posted by sweetheart on Aug 13, 2013

I haven't used this because I found out this product is a big no-no for those wit SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth). This product would just feed those unwanted bacteria. So if this product doesn't seem to help, find out about SIBO (it seems to be the number one cause for heart burn and other acid reflux symptoms).

Used for gastritis

Posted by 5471926609410570203 on Sep 03, 2012

Seemed to help a little

Antanas

Posted by Reviewer1898438 on Jun 04, 2012

helps

Mastic Gum keeps H Pylori in control....

Posted by Reviewer1149187 on Mar 12, 2010

but doesn't appear strong enough to eradicate it. I have suffered from this bacteria unknowingly for the past two years without proper treatment. Mastic gum made a good effect in my digestive health but did not compare to the remarkable effects while taking Manuka Honey. It is a bit more expensive but it pays itself off in the long run. If you are making a choice to eliminate your H. Pylori problems this route, please go with the Manuka Honey. It does wonders in healing gastritis and peptic ulcers as well. -Brian C.

Mastic gum really works for gastric reflux.

Posted by Reviewer2117535 on Feb 18, 2010

I have been dealing with gastric reflux for quite a few weeks and tried mastic gum as I've read that it's good for this problem. It certainly helped me feel better. I take two pills before breakfast and two before dinner and my reflux issues are so much improved. Prior to trying Jarrow Formula, I was using Allergy Research's Mastic. I think I got a bit better results from Allergy Research's formula. Might go back to using that next time to compare. Still, mastic gum is pretty amazing for that awful burning feeling in the upper digestive system.

capsule issue

Posted by Reviewer3301870 on Oct 31, 2007

I have second thoughts on the effectiveness of Mastic Gum in general. The Jarrow product seems to be ok, however I think the capsule should come apart so it can be discarded.