No longer Pharmaceutical Quality.

Posted by Reviewer3170607 on Oct 16, 2014

I used to think of this as a 5-star product but it has been changed. When I originally started buying this, maybe 15 years ago, it was made from sardines, then they changed that to calamari. I think this is because it is just no longer possible to find sardines that are up to the standard required to get a decent product and be able to make the claim that USED TO BE on the label: "Max DHA meets international pharmaceutical standards for purity and freshness." Now it no longer says that, and the words "Pharmaceutical Quality" have also been removed from the front of the label. The source is no longer kalamari, it is now "Fish (sardine, mackerel, anchovy)". I am quite disappointed in this, but I guess at least Jarrow is being honest with its customers -- the oceans are simply fished out and too contaminated anymore. Cheap canned sardines are no longer firm and fresh looking as they once were, they now fall apart in a kind of semi-rotten state. Another change I do not like is that Jarrow is no longer using carob to darken the gelatin capsule, they are now using "sodium copper chlorophyllin." Ugh.

Great for my joints pain

Posted by Reviewer3344307 on Jul 15, 2011

The first week on this product, its really seems to eradicate some of the pain on my knee joints. i have tried many other brands before but they don't seem to work as well as this.

good formula

Posted by Reviewer2719079 on Dec 14, 2010

good formula & value for money

my opinion

Posted by Reviewer1432638 on May 01, 2010

i am taking this to see if it has a possitive effect on my brain.a respected holistic doc recommended it so i take lots and will for a while,or forever if i believe it is helping.it is hard to know what is doing what when taking as many supplements as i take.i don't have health insurance,like sickness,or like insurance companys or most regular docs,so i am my own best decision maker.i can feel it and read and follow good info.it works for me

Good

Posted by ForGoodHealth on Apr 05, 2014

Good but a bit pricey. Not certain why the capsule has to be black in color?

good

Posted by some16some38 on Apr 06, 2014

I saw many reviews before bought it. Now, I eat with my whole family. I hope it can work for us.