Wouldn't be without it

Posted by Reviewer2007195 on Aug 28, 2006

I started using this product about 5 years ago. I had previously heard that it was good for nerves, especially in people with bi-polar tendencies. However, I bought it for a colon condition (ulcerative colitis). After about 6 mohths of taking it, I really started to notice that I was calmly able to do things that would have stressed me out before, and it kept getting better. I'm not sure how much good it ever did for the colon issue, but it has dramatically improved my emotional quality of life. After having my cholesterol checked, they told me my good cholesterol was really high, and I believe that was from taking this product. I have tried other brands of fish oil and they all gave me fishy burps; this does not. Jarrow brand delivers more DHA for your money than any other brand. I don't think you can find a better brand of fish oil. For me personally, this is my #1 rated supplement of any kind.

The Best Ever Fish Oil

Posted by Reviewer1805827 on Mar 14, 2007

I've been taking this for about eight months.It's the only fish oil I can tolerate. AND,it's improved my mood, skin,joint pain is gone. Everything is just so much better. Suzanne,NewYork,NY

Good source of DHA

Posted by Reviewer2580264 on Mar 01, 2009

I buy these for the amount of DHA in them as my son has ADHD and this helps with his concentration. I've previousely bought other products high in the DHA but they also had a high amount of EPA in them too which I think is not such an advantage when using for helping an ADHD person. These are the only ones I've found that offer these levels of DHA like this. They definetly improve my son's concentration.

The most effective ratio for optimising brain function is 3:1 DHA to EPA

Posted by MORE-REVIEWS-FOR-YOU on Nov 13, 2014

"For optimising mental performance, it is important to have the correct ratio of EPA to DHA. My research on brain integration using direct muscle feedback has shown that the most effective ratio for optimising brain function, especially the executive functions of the frontal lobes is 3:1 DHA to EPA. Almost all fatty acids supplements available today, and all salmon oil, have considerably more EPA than DHA, the reverse of what the brain needs to support optimal performance. Having an excess of EPA relative to DHA may slow neural transmission, thus reducing the degree of brain integration." (Excerpts from Nutrition for the Brain, courtesy of Dr. Charles Krebs)

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2057125 on Jan 04, 2008

I have been using this product and it has been helping with my depression. I take it twice a day and have notice a difference in my moods.