Has to be one of the very best fish oils on the market1

Posted by Reviewer3353792 on Jan 22, 2016

This formula has the highest DHA on the market. As an older person who wants to remain fit and active for as long as possible I take four capsules a day to protect me from rheumatoid arthritis which I had begun to feel the first signs of in my fingers and also to protect myself from degenerative mental diseases. When I have run out of it for more than a couple of weeks I begin to get twingesand sswelling in my finger joints so I know that it is effective.

last me a long time!

Posted by sugarcrusted on May 10, 2015

since i only take it once a day, 1 bottle lasts me for half a year. you can't beat the price for this amount of DHA. the softgels are rather huge.

The most effective ratio for optimising brain function is 3:1 DHA to EPA

Posted by MORE-REVIEWS-FOR-YOU on Nov 13, 2014

"For optimising mental performance, it is important to have the correct ratio of EPA to DHA. My research on brain integration using direct muscle feedback has shown that the most effective ratio for optimising brain function, especially the executive functions of the frontal lobes is 3:1 DHA to EPA. Almost all fatty acids supplements available today, and all salmon oil, have considerably more EPA than DHA, the reverse of what the brain needs to support optimal performance. Having an excess of EPA relative to DHA may slow neural transmission, thus reducing the degree of brain integration." (Excerpts from Nutrition for the Brain, courtesy of Dr. Charles Krebs)

No longer Pharmaceutical Quality.

Posted by Reviewer3170607 on Oct 16, 2014

I used to think of this as a 5-star product but it has been changed. When I originally started buying this, maybe 15 years ago, it was made from sardines, then they changed that to calamari. I think this is because it is just no longer possible to find sardines that are up to the standard required to get a decent product and be able to make the claim that USED TO BE on the label: "Max DHA meets international pharmaceutical standards for purity and freshness." Now it no longer says that, and the words "Pharmaceutical Quality" have also been removed from the front of the label. The source is no longer kalamari, it is now "Fish (sardine, mackerel, anchovy)". I am quite disappointed in this, but I guess at least Jarrow is being honest with its customers -- the oceans are simply fished out and too contaminated anymore. Cheap canned sardines are no longer firm and fresh looking as they once were, they now fall apart in a kind of semi-rotten state. Another change I do not like is that Jarrow is no longer using carob to darken the gelatin capsule, they are now using "sodium copper chlorophyllin." Ugh.

Delicious and Easy

Posted by 5521814736891210612 on Aug 19, 2014

This product is the easiest and nicest seafood based capsule I have ever tried. Absolutely no after taste or fishy repeats.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer3324415 on May 16, 2014

Highly recommended, good absorption, no fishy reflux.

haven't tried yet

Posted by 5249368093911251745 on Apr 15, 2014

haven't tried yet

great

Posted by Reviewer2573134 on Apr 09, 2014

This has helped my brain function and memory. i take 2 a day.

good

Posted by some16some38 on Apr 06, 2014

I saw many reviews before bought it. Now, I eat with my whole family. I hope it can work for us.

Good

Posted by ForGoodHealth on Apr 05, 2014

Good but a bit pricey. Not certain why the capsule has to be black in color?