Didn't work for me

Posted by 4934016338064815077 on Apr 04, 2016

Jarrow is one of my favorite brands, so the 3 stars is not for the brand but the product formulation. This formula left me feeling too drugged the next half of the day, so I have returned to my normal 1 mg of time released by Natrol.

I love Jarrow Formulas!

Posted by bbchris on May 02, 2015

This one was a first purchase and I take it along with the Relax All tablets. I sleep well.

Posted by Reviewer3100355 on Feb 03, 2015

Melatonin may help to fall asleep, but then not much later I am awake again.

Great value!

Posted by 5564213725137471731 on Nov 01, 2014

Jarrow is always good

good product

Posted by 5154877746534078903 on Jun 27, 2014

works well

Good quality - Might have a long release

Posted by 4886924338997358597 on Oct 10, 2013

This product does the job, and well. There's one thing to keep in mind with slow release pills; everyone person has a different release rate. It does not say on the bottle how long the release period is. To me it was more than 8 hours. So I kept on sleeping late or waking up like a zombie. Nothing that a cup of coffee did not sort out. This did not happen with a 1mg pill with an immediate release. Still is a great product.

Great Melatonin

Posted by Reviewer1075408 on Sep 29, 2013

I sleep much better with this sustained form of melatonin. I'm a big Jarrow fan and love this product. **edit 9/29/13** After developing severe anxiety and sleep issues I bought this product again. It helps me sleep and stay asleep. When I wake up I feel so much better now. Good sleep and melatonin are critical for the body.

effective sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2796695 on Sep 18, 2013

I have lived with not sleeping well all my life. I have tried other brands of melatonin but they were not restful, I felt as if I was falling off a cliff when sleep approached when I took anywhere from 1 mg. to 3 mg. Then I would wake within 2 to 3 hours very jangled from falling asleep like a falling dream. I saw this timed release one from Jarrow and wanted to try it. Jarrow has always had good products. The first night I took 1 pill and slept pretty good, then tried 1 1/2 pills and was better. Now I take 2 pills and fall restfully asleep, wake about in 4 hours, go to the bathroom and can fall back asleep for another 3 hours. I haven't slept this well or restfully in over 30 years! It is not a heavy sleep where you can't wake if needed, I have 2 very old dogs that sometimes need a little help during the night and I can still hear them and give help and then go back to sleep. Thank you iherb and Jarrow!

Restful sleep

Posted by Doglover on Aug 26, 2012

I order these for my elderly parents who sometimes have difficulty sleeping at night. They have been very pleased with this product.

Sleep soundly with vivid dreams

Posted by dav605 on Jun 30, 2012

I take this occasionally to reset my sleep clock after staying up late a few nights in a row or traveling across a lot of timezones. It works well for me. Typically, I don't have too much trouble falling to sleep, but my sleep schedule is prone to slipping later into weird hours. I take melatonin half an hour before bed, then make sure to wake up and spend some time getting some natural light in the morning, and my sleep schedule gets corrected in a few days. I do find that it usually gives me vivid dreams that I remember. I rarely have nightmares, so it isn't a problem for me.