Cured My Wife's Neuralgia

Posted by Reviewer2781431 on Oct 30, 2006

My wife suffered for 15 years 24/7 with a nerve pain called Raeder's Neuralgia (similar to horner's Neuralgia & Trigemnal Neuralgia. in March 05 she started taking 1 tablet/day, within 2 month's she was off her pain/prescritive meds. After all the pain clinics, neurologists, nerve blocks etc. she is completely cured.

Works

Posted by Reviewer2163004 on Mar 01, 2008

Have tried other B-12 lozenges before, felt no benefit. Have been taking Jarrow about a month now, and the difference in my energy level and mental focus has been noticeable and immediate. Will definitely buy this again.

THE ONLY PRODUCT FOR ME!!! LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE

Posted by Reviewer1871209 on Mar 09, 2008

Now I can't speak for anyone else, only as it applies to me. But when you have diabetic neuropathy, and your feet burn, and then you take Jarrow Forumla Methyl B-12 (I take 5000), and then your feet NO LONGER BURN!!!, well, it's a no brainer. The stuff works. No buzzing, no pins and needles, I keep my stress level down, and I do whatever I need to do to control my sugar. But (and I did this as a test). I bought another brand because it was cheaper and it was 3000 and it had folic acid and Vitamin C. Well, BIG MISTAKE. My feet went back to burning. I finished the bottle of pills, and immediately went back to my beautiful Jarrow Methyl B-12 5000. BEST THING I EVER DID!!! Thanks Jarrow

Very Good Results so far

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 27, 2013

I bought this for a friend who is currently getingt B-12 shots. Because this is sublingual it gets absorbed directly into he blood and avoids the digestive system. Some people are missing a cofactor required to absorb B12. This cofactor is called intrinsic factor. These folks can not get B12 from food. The methyl form of B12 is the reduced form and is a preferred choice. The other common form is cyanocobalamin which must be converted to the methyl form to be utilized. Some people have trouble with this conversion process and thus don't get much if any benefit from taking it. So far my friend has said he has more energy by taking one 5g lozenge a day. He said he may bump it up to one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is unclear right now if he can eliminate getting the shot but he is feeling better in between shots and he may be able to extend the time in between. Taking a daily lozenge is much easier and cheaper than getting a shot at the doctors office every months or so. So if you are in this state, give it a try. Also, it is good to supplement with a good B-complex with 400 mcg of methyl Folate as that is also needed to fully utilize B12. You want as much in your favor as possible. If you found this review helpful kindly visit my home page by clicking on my handle name above where you will find more value added reviews. Thanks and have peace and good health.

This stuff is seriously terrific - but addictive.

Posted by Reviewer3208605 on Jan 26, 2010

You can't get this formulation in Australia so decided to try it for my diabetic neuropathy. It works. If you take it with pycnogenol (100mg twice a day) and alpha lipoic acid (I use Jarrows slow release), after a couple of months its almost a cure. Also, nothing else I take gives me that extra zing in my step. I talked my wife and my in-laws into trying it. They think it's incredible and have been telling everybody about it. I sound like a pusher, I know. Try it. You'll see.

Awesome at first... HEADACHES afterwards!

Posted by Reviewer2077692 on Aug 07, 2012

Be very, very careful with this mega-dose of B12. Humans only need a tiny amount of B12 - 2-3 micro grams per day. These 5000 mcg tabs will blow you out of the water. That's exactly what happened to me. Firstly, it was awesome - after being slow, generally in the bad mood and not motivated to do anything in daily life (due to b12 insufficiency caused by veg diet) I started taking them and voila - I was almost immediately back into action! Heaps of energy! "Can do anything" attitude! But little I knew. After a couple of weeks on these I started getting headaches. Like really bad ones, lasting for, I kid you not, 2-3 days in a row. Imaging waking up with a headache. Going to work. Then going back home. Falling asleep. Only to wake up with that headache again. So, be very, very careful. I'd say get a mildel version of these. And if you get headaches - STOP TAKING THEM!

Interesting effect

Posted by Reviewer1378681 on Oct 01, 2008

I didn't notice any sudden boost in energy but rather i actually felt very sleepy for the first two times I took it. The bottle says once every three days but since I had not eaten any meat in over two weeks I took one a day for the first 3 days. After I slept like a rock for 2 12 hours nights of sleep (normal for me is 6-7), I felt like completely revitalized and rejuvinated...I am an elite athlete and can say for a fact that I have had improved endurance, and power output since taking this product. Also, I did not urinate bright yellow at all (even after first and second dose), so i assume it is being absorbed better as the label says... 4 stars....not 5 only because it made me so sleepy for the first few days.

Did the formula change?

Posted by Reviewer2095265 on Jun 03, 2013

I was taking this daily with great results and would have given it 5 stars. Then I noticed feeling worse after starting on a new batch. I am on a forum of people who take this for various health issues and there is a whole thread about people who had been taking Jarrow Methyl B12 who noticed less effectiveness. Not sure what changed, but clearly, something has. Will be buying a different brand for now, but for most other supplements, I love Jarrow.

Clearly one of the most effective methylcobalamins

Posted by Freddds-Active-B12-Folate on Sep 24, 2008

I and my 3 children are hypersensitive to methylcobalamin. Jarrow is generally sensed within 10 minutes of using sublingually and is very effective. In 10 brands that we tested of sublingual methylb12 Jarrow was one of only two brands that rated 5 stars. I have had pronounced healing since starting this brand.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2903766 on Feb 26, 2010

Excellent supplement for Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. Can't live without it.