Jarrow Formulas, Methyl B-12, Cherry Flavor, 5000 mcg, 60 Lozenges

Very Good Results so far

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 27, 2013

I bought this for a friend who is currently getingt B-12 shots. Because this is sublingual it gets absorbed directly into he blood and avoids the digestive system. Some people are missing a cofactor required to absorb B12. This cofactor is called intrinsic factor. These folks can not get B12 from food. The methyl form of B12 is the reduced form and is a preferred choice. The other common form is cyanocobalamin which must be converted to the methyl form to be utilized. Some people have trouble with this conversion process and thus don't get much if any benefit from taking it. So far my friend has said he has more energy by taking one 5g lozenge a day. He said he may bump it up to one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is unclear right now if he can eliminate getting the shot but he is feeling better in between shots and he may be able to extend the time in between. Taking a daily lozenge is much easier and cheaper than getting a shot at the doctors office every months or so. So if you are in this state, give it a try. Also, it is good to supplement with a good B-complex with 400 mcg of methyl Folate as that is also needed to fully utilize B12. You want as much in your favor as possible. If you found this review helpful kindly visit my home page by clicking on my handle name above where you will find more value added reviews. Thanks and have peace and good health.

Interesting effect

Posted by Reviewer1378681 on Oct 01, 2008

I didn't notice any sudden boost in energy but rather i actually felt very sleepy for the first two times I took it. The bottle says once every three days but since I had not eaten any meat in over two weeks I took one a day for the first 3 days. After I slept like a rock for 2 12 hours nights of sleep (normal for me is 6-7), I felt like completely revitalized and rejuvinated...I am an elite athlete and can say for a fact that I have had improved endurance, and power output since taking this product. Also, I did not urinate bright yellow at all (even after first and second dose), so i assume it is being absorbed better as the label says... 4 stars....not 5 only because it made me so sleepy for the first few days.

B-12 Lozenges

Posted by Reviewer1730689 on Mar 20, 2010

excellent flavor, I feel more energetic since taking these compared to the inject-able B-12. great price

My husband and I were very impressed!!!

Posted by Reviewer1250062 on Feb 06, 2008

We just got our order in today and tried this for the first time. We both were really dragging & talking about how drained we felt, so we thought it was perfect timing to try this stuff. To be honest, we did not expect to notice anything since that seems to be the typical result with us. However, to our amazement, we both felt GREAT and decided to take our son to the park!!! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!! Thanks Jarrow & I-herb

Methyl B-12 - A lifesaver in my relief from the pain of diabetic neuropathy

Posted by Reviewer2379207 on Mar 23, 2008

I have suffered from severe diabetic neuropathy for 2 1/2 years and since taking this I am virtually pain free. I am walking without a limp, I have energy. Which means that I now feel like exercising which will benefit me even more in the long run. I have been feeling helpless and needy for so long and I feel as if I've been given my life back. This review might sound hokey but it is the absolute truth. People around me are amazed at the change in me.