Jarrow Formulas, Milk Thistle, 150 mg, 200 Capsules

Reviews 1-star

Women watch out!!

Posted by Reviewer2321661 on Apr 13, 2011

I have been on milk thistle for about 1 year. I do not take other supplements except Omega 3 fish oil. I discovered lumps in both breasts and were really worried. Have them checked (ultrasound etc.) and found out that they are cysts. My doc asked me if I am on HRT. I said "NO". I told him I am on milk thistle for liver health. He told me that our body will recognize milk thistle as estrogen. I have too much estrogen and that leads to breast cysts. I stopped the milk thistle for about 3 weeks and the cysts have gone much smaller. Hope this helps.

Didn't work well for me.

Posted by Reviewer2978176 on Jun 26, 2011

This supplement caused irritation with my rectum. Not sure if it is the size of the dosage or something else in this supplement. I wish someone made a lower dose but it appears everything on the market is a mega-dose.