• Formerly known as Silymarin 80%.

• Reviews | English

Potent product but not for men due to its estrogenic effects!

Posted by psoriasis on Aug 26, 2016

Milk Thistle contains the phytoestrogens so I would not recommend it to men. Surely not long term or in high dosages. It may and eventually will cause gynecomastia due to its estrogenic effects. Milk Thistle in folk medicine is know as the herb which supports the lactation in women and now you know why. Artichoke is way better as liver tonic (antioxidant) and artichoke also supports the bile flow a lot.

Excellent result

Posted by Reviewer1999801 on Feb 23, 2013

Very painful liver from beta blockers (carvedilol). Pain 80% reduced after 2 days and gone after 6 days using 2 to 3 capsules a day. Put my blood pressure up after 6 days though. Stoped taking the carvedilol and started taking a lower effective does of metoprolol. I had a painfull liver event again some months later that Milk Thistle extract aso fixed.

I think this works very well

Posted by Reviewer1824368 on Jan 25, 2013

I am on my third bottle of this and I think it is working very well. I think it is quality and a great product for your liver. I feel the difference!

Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer2995098 on Oct 12, 2008

As a diabetic, I think it's important to pay attention to my liver. I had a bad experience with an oral medication which caused my laboratory liver profiles to reflect a condition similar to hepatitis. Milk thistle brought my liver profile back to normal. I have been taking it for about 12 years and wouldn't be without it.

Best Price

Posted by Reviewer1438900 on Nov 12, 2007

Great value for Silymarin. I have used this for over 5 years.

Great for liver protection

Posted by Reviewer1497021 on Jun 24, 2009

This product really is of excellent quality, as a body builder my liver is under constant stress, however this product mitigates all physical symptoms at around 6 - 8 caps per day

Jarrow Formulas, Milk Thhistle

Posted by Reviewer1602711 on Apr 11, 2008

Used for my dog

good

Posted by Reviewer1621299 on Mar 08, 2010

Jarrow is a good name. This seems to be fine.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1719909 on Oct 02, 2009

Take this product for awhile and then stop. What I have read is that it is something you don't take for long periods of time. Will take for about a month stop and then start again in about three months. Like Jarrow Formulas for the Milk Thistle the best.

It really works! for Liver and Kidney!

Posted by Reviewer1198976 on Feb 15, 2012

I am a diabetic and have been on statins for several years. After a number of years, the toll on my liver and kidneys was getting bad. I had elevated liver enzymes as well as protein spilling out of my kidneys. After reading oosts here, and researching published research on milk thistle, I decided to take it for both my liver as well as less substantiated reports that it is nephroprotective (good for kidneys). Well, after a few weeks, my liver enzymes are now perfectly normal. The biggest news, is that my urine test for protein fell from 315 to 22 after several months of taking milk thistle!!!! I am now just a couple of points above the normal level! All this, after taking milk thistle twice a day for about 8 months. I attribute my improvement to the milk thistle. It is fairly inexpensive, and worth a try. This is one supplement I am on for life. I expect to have normal urine protein levels in a few more months.