Jarrow Formulas, N-A-C Sustain, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, 600 mg, 100 Bilayer Tablets

Reviews 5-star

Makes aging a little easier

Posted by Reviewer2457952 From Washington on Aug 27, 2009

As a precursor to glutathione, a major detoxifier in the lungs and liver, NAC helps in everyday living. But NAC itself helps to breakdown alcohol directly and makes hangovers all but disappear. I recommend taking two before drinking with a full glass of water and two before going to bed. The next morning will be too late!!! Have fun thirtysomethings!

Liver health and sinus health, too

Posted by Reviewer1277418 From Massachusetts on Aug 29, 2010

I've had "liver problems" my whole life -- every time a doc wants to start me on a new drug, we test my liver. I've been taking NAC Sustain for a few months, and my most recent liver panel came back clean. My doc actually said "wow." Go figure. Also, not sure about the mechanics of this, but suffer from Sinus pain and have to stay on top of it -- until I started NAC Sustain -- I can always tell when we run out -- sinus pain returns. As long as I stay on this formula, no Sinus problems. Amazing. I usually take 2-3 at night before bed, and then another 1-2 tabs in the morning before food. This stuff is amazing.

Jarrow NAC

Posted by Reviewer1211097 From Arizona on Nov 29, 2009

My doctor prescribed a theraputic dose of NAC to aid with a lung condition. It always gave me a headache, until I began using NAC by Jarrow. With their sustained release product, I no longer get the headaches.

Physician Recommended

Posted by Reviewer1971662 From California on Sep 26, 2010

My physican recommended both this product and the Jarrows Alpha Lipoic Sustain to me. The "sustain" better regulates my metabolism and keeps my blood sugar stabilized. I have been able to lose weight taking both these products together, and I no longer have those vexing late afternoon hunger pangs.

extrememly beneficial

Posted by 101010011 on Jul 13, 2012

a few years back, i discovered that i was living in a house with mold. it was terrible......... experiencing allergy like symptoms during non allergy times of the year, and never understood why i was sneezing and wheezing constantly. when i diagnosed the problem, i started mega dosing with vitamin C, NAC and a few other glutathione precursors. in doing this, it gave me my health back to where i could regain some semblance of my life. i like the idea for the sustained release, but i also used other standard version forms of NAC. i found this version allowed me to swallow less pills over the course of a day, and became a little more cost effective in the long run. these type of supplements are fantastic to counter the effects of our polluted and contaminated world