10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

Jarrow Formulas, N-A-C Sustain, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, 600 mg, 100 Tablets

Reviews 5-star

Makes aging a little easier

Posted by Reviewer2457952 on Aug 27, 2009

As a precursor to glutathione, a major detoxifier in the lungs and liver, NAC helps in everyday living. But NAC itself helps to breakdown alcohol directly and makes hangovers all but disappear. I recommend taking two before drinking with a full glass of water and two before going to bed. The next morning will be too late!!! Have fun thirtysomethings!

Liver health and sinus health, too

Posted by Reviewer1277418 on Aug 29, 2010

I've had "liver problems" my whole life -- every time a doc wants to start me on a new drug, we test my liver. I've been taking NAC Sustain for a few months, and my most recent liver panel came back clean. My doc actually said "wow." Go figure. Also, not sure about the mechanics of this, but suffer from Sinus pain and have to stay on top of it -- until I started NAC Sustain -- I can always tell when we run out -- sinus pain returns. As long as I stay on this formula, no Sinus problems. Amazing. I usually take 2-3 at night before bed, and then another 1-2 tabs in the morning before food. This stuff is amazing.

Jarrow NAC

Posted by Reviewer1211097 on Nov 29, 2009

My doctor prescribed a theraputic dose of NAC to aid with a lung condition. It always gave me a headache, until I began using NAC by Jarrow. With their sustained release product, I no longer get the headaches.

The best NAC SUPPLEMENT, and one of the best free-radical fighters,

Posted by Reviewer1571710 on Mar 19, 2011

The time-release function of this supplement really hits on target for creating a superior formula. MAke sure you take this if you care at all about oxidation in your body. Many antioxidants are very useful, and target different free-radicals, in different parts of the body. However nothing, even arguably ALA, can come close to the effects of NAC! Nac's action on the human system is global, and it has hundreds of receptors for free-radicals once converted to GLutathione. Other anti-oxidants don't approach this! Take with Alpha-lipoic acid to help recycle protection further. I would also says Ascorbyl Palmitate is a good idea! My usually pale skin was visibly pink again within days to to the positive action of NAC. It does wonders for the skin and hair.

extrememly beneficial

Posted by 101010011 on Jul 13, 2012

a few years back, i discovered that i was living in a house with mold. it was terrible......... experiencing allergy like symptoms during non allergy times of the year, and never understood why i was sneezing and wheezing constantly. when i diagnosed the problem, i started mega dosing with vitamin C, NAC and a few other glutathione precursors. in doing this, it gave me my health back to where i could regain some semblance of my life. i like the idea for the sustained release, but i also used other standard version forms of NAC. i found this version allowed me to swallow less pills over the course of a day, and became a little more cost effective in the long run. these type of supplements are fantastic to counter the effects of our polluted and contaminated world