Yes safe long term and keep your hair!

Posted by Reviewer2141997 on Sep 17, 2012

Hands down THE best supplement for keeping your hair. When I had mercury issues I took as many as 6-8 or these a day. Since then (15 years ago) I take 2 2 x day and will continue to do so. Don't buy into the fear from horrible studies that used unmeasured drinking water portions that were thousands of times higher doses.

extrememly beneficial

Posted by 101010011 on Jul 13, 2012

a few years back, i discovered that i was living in a house with mold. it was terrible......... experiencing allergy like symptoms during non allergy times of the year, and never understood why i was sneezing and wheezing constantly. when i diagnosed the problem, i started mega dosing with vitamin C, NAC and a few other glutathione precursors. in doing this, it gave me my health back to where i could regain some semblance of my life. i like the idea for the sustained release, but i also used other standard version forms of NAC. i found this version allowed me to swallow less pills over the course of a day, and became a little more cost effective in the long run. these type of supplements are fantastic to counter the effects of our polluted and contaminated world

NAC is a great supplement but this one contains plastic!

Posted by sweetheart on Jun 28, 2012

I noticed too late there is polyacrylate in this product. That's plastic! I switched to another brand because i don't think eating plastic is good for anyone. Otherwise NAC is a great supplement: removes toxins from your body by helping liver to work as it should. Great hangover medicine as well :) <br /><br /> <font color="red"><strong>August 2012 - Note form Jarrow Formulas:</strong></font> The polyacrylate polymer is GRAS. The material is widely used in dietary supplements although can be represented in multiple ways on a label including the trademark Carbopol, carbomer homopolymer and carboxypolymethylene. Finally, the research indicates that due to its size, the polyacrylate polymer employed in this product is not absorbed through the intestines and therefore poses no safety concern.  There is a very good reason for NAC Sustain:  The half-life of NAC is relatively brief.  Carbopol is a biomucoadhesasnt.  It keeps the tablet at the site of maximum absorption, at or near the upper small intestines.  The tablet slowly erodes, thus there is a continuous release for a couple of hours instead of the whole thing being essentially gone in one hour.  The tablet can take up to two hours to release the contents plus the hour of half-lives, thus the dose lasts three hours or more.  This gives a real boost to the production of GSH (glutathione) and the Phase I detoxification pathway of the liver.  If one chooses to not utilize the benefits of Carbopol then the standard <a href="http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine-500-mg-200-Capsules/235" target="_blank">Jarrow Formulas NAC capsule</a> is also an option.  <br />

excellent.

Posted by bobbienorthern on May 24, 2012

this stuff is great and works just great in keeping me in tip top shape and helps my breathing and I had three blood blisters that had broken open and started to get infected and they healed completely in a little less then a week and the infection also cleared up so that the healing was complete in less then a week

Just starting on this

Posted by Denyse on Apr 15, 2012

Have read and talked with many natural health professionals on this product and I would have to say that if you are having eye or Lung issues, definitely a must.

LOVE THIS PRODUCT, BUT BE CAREFUL OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!

Posted by Reviewer3168479 on Mar 21, 2012

I love this product and initially felt really good taking it the first week. I've been taking this for 2 weeks. Began using this to detox from removal of amalgam (mercury/silver) dental fillings. Without knowing the cause, I started to feel anxious, constricted...like I had too many things going on at once. I then had a dental appt. and they took my blood pressure before placing a crown. They said my blood pressure is high, which they thought would be nervousness sitting in a dental chair. Never had high blood pressure before...am 40 yrs and healthy. I later found on the Internet that research from the University of Virginia Health System has found that NAC can cause the body to believe that it is experiencing hypoxia by forming a molecule that causes the signals the blood vessels they are low on oxygen. The body responds by increasing pulmonary blood pressure, which then causes the heart to swell. Due to the possible effects on blood pressure, patients managing their blood pressure should consult with their physician before taking N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine. I have now switched to L-Glutathione to detox from mercury and other toxins.

this stuff works

Posted by Reviewer1849188 on Feb 29, 2012

Helps clear my sinuses. and it seems to keep me from having a compulsion to eat carbs. I think my workouts are easier.

Not sure why - but they work!

Posted by Reviewer1019614 on Feb 07, 2012

Purchased these to help detox. Used to get colds frequently. Now, hardly ever. Used to wake up every night with 2 am anxiety attack. Now I take 30 - 60 mins before I go to bed and I'm out for the night. Take with vitamin C & D3 for best benefit.

Good Liver Support

Posted by Reviewer2284349 on Jan 04, 2012

I suffer from liver discomfort from time to time and find that this product greatly relieves the symptoms i.e. mild pain in upper right quadrant.

great product however limit period you take it

Posted by Reviewer1523405 on Nov 07, 2011

these are great. feeling more alive and switched on. seems to have improved my memory as well. am 48 yrs old so this has seemd to make a huge difference. am told only to take it every three months so am on alst bottle now. Will have a break and see what results.research says once your own glutathionine kicks in (protein producing in cells) you dont need this as muchg. I take x2 per day am/pm and will reduce to x1 in final month monitor results.