precursor for dopamine and thyroid hormone

Posted by Reviewer1888613 on Jan 03, 2010

Dopamine is responsible for the feeling of well-being and prevention of depression. As there are no drugs available to boost this neurotransitor for non-Parkinson's patients, tyrosine is the only substance available to take to boost these levels. (and the n-acetyl form has shown to be most effective). Most commonly depression is related to a serotonin deficiency, but the second most common neurotransmitter assisting depression is dopamine. If 5HTP doesn't help (to raise serotonin levels) then the logic next step is to try tyrosine. It's best taken on an empty stomach. It's good to boost thyroid hormone in patients with hypothyroid as well.

More Powerful than Regular Tyrosine, Sometimes Too Much

Posted by wholefoods on Aug 15, 2012

I purchased this product after having used Jarrow Formulas regular L-Tyrosine. I noticed a significant difference when using this product compared to the original. This product produces a much stronger effect and it sometimes felt a bit unpleasant, like I was a bit wired. I will probably use the rest of this bottle and switch back to the regular L-Tyrosine in the future.

Potent, works well!

Posted by Reviewer2849306 on Dec 23, 2008

These will really wake you up! I actually get some palpitations if i take too much as it's strong. The N-Acetyl form of Tyrosine is so much more bioavailable, and is alot stronger than normal L-Tyrosine at a lower dose, therefore you don't need as much to feel the effects. It definitely helps focus and alertness through boosting norepinephrine and dopamine. Excellent product.

It works

Posted by Reviewer3239236 on May 02, 2009

Increased energy and vigilance. If only they would make it without the B-6.

I am dependent on this supplement

Posted by Reviewer2238409 on Nov 10, 2011

I use this with 4 other supplements for my bipolar cocktail and this brand seems better than others I have tried. This is a key for me and my brain.

Mood improvement

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on Oct 29, 2008

Seems to work as good as regular L-Tyrosine but abit quicker.

this is the one to get

Posted by Reviewer1511087 on Nov 30, 2007

if u really want to see if there's any effect

Jarrow

Posted by Reviewer2420664 on Jun 28, 2010

this also works great for my brain food

Not sure if i need to go back to the l-tyrosine one

Posted by Reviewer2567957 on Jul 08, 2011

I found Now foods L-tyrosine to do the best for energy, balancing moods. Not sure if this one is working, i will however finish the bottle and go back to the original one to see if there is a subtle difference in the expensive form.

excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3190455 on Oct 08, 2009

I could not afford the brand my doctor recommended but found a much better value with the Jarrow Formulas brand.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »