Jarrow Formulas SAM-e 200

Posted by Reviewer3313418 on Aug 13, 2010

I have been on and off Zoloft for years. It worked well enough for years but the last time on it it actually caused me to be depressed, something called SSRI Induced Apathy Syndrome. I got completely off the Zoloft and started the SAM-e. I feel great. No side effects. I take 200mg twice a day. Even while on Zoloft and feeling good I was never an early riser. Since I've been on SAM-e I'm up around 6:30 and ready to hit the ground running. I also have osteoarthritis in my fingers. Can't say if it's having any affect on that yet but I'm hopeful. Don't know if this would be anyone else's experience but in the words of Joy Behar,"I'm just sayin'".

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer1579877 on Apr 30, 2010

I am a depressive. I have been forced to take an SSRI twice for periods of 8 months to a year because of depression. After some life stress I was on the verge of falling into another episode and had made an appointment with my Dr to talk about going back on some form of prescription anti-depressant. I had the SAM-e sitting on the shelf and thought I would give it a whirl over the 6 days prior to my appointment. I was pretty skeptical about its chances of working so there was no placebo belief of this being a miracle pill. However, I noticed my anxiety tail off hours after taking the first half tablet. I feel it totally turned me around and lifted me out of the black hole I was in. For now it seems to be much more effective than the SSRI I was taking, but without the very worrying side effects - weight gain, sweating, inability to engage in sexual activity... I already ordered some for my Mum who suffers from arthritis, fibromyalgia and mild depression ( pain induced ). This is good stuff.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1774449 on Dec 13, 2007

Mood and Joint pain alot better. Doesn't upset my stomach. fabulous price. was paying $39 at costco.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1012522 on Aug 22, 2008

Good effective product. Perks me up and keeps the cholestrol down.

Full Potency SAM-e 200

Posted by Reviewer3063981 on Jan 29, 2010

I have tried several brands and potencies of SAM-e. So far I like this one the best because it is excellent quality and the tablets contain a full 200mg potency. That means I have to take either fewer tablets per day, or take it less often. I take SAM-e primarily to ease the pain from osteoarthritis in my back but also benefit from it's liver support properties, especially when I've had to take higher doses of Acetominiphen or Ibuprofen for pain. It's also been helpful for mood support in easing the depression I occasionally feel from the ongoing discomfort and lack of mobility.

Great results.

Posted by Reviewer1866782 on May 05, 2009

Jarrow Formulas is a brand I trust. I started taking SAM-e at the end of December, hoping to stave off my typical "winter blues". I was pleased to notice a significant difference right away and had a good Winter this year.

Taking for osteoarthritis

Posted by Reviewer1142540 on Dec 12, 2012

This helps with many things, one of them is osteoarthritis which I am mainly taking it for. I also take Now Foods Celadrin and MSM, Source Naturals injuv hyaluronic acid, Source Naturals 500 mg vitamin c ester(Ascorbyl Palmitate) 2 in am 2 in pm, Source Naturals Extra Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin, alfalfa capsules, omega 3 oil softgels, extra vitamin D(needs to be optimal level in blood test) helps prevent cancers among other things. Getting vitamin D from the sun is not enough, and 400 IU being the RDA is too low, in addition to other supplements. I think it helps it from getting worse, and I do see some improvement. God bless you all.

good but keeps me awake at night

Posted by Reviewer1479595 on Jan 30, 2013

I think this is a good quality product since I definitely notice an effect. I get more energy the day I take it, but then can't sleep at night, so I haven't been able to keep taking them.

helps

Posted by Reviewer2672403 on Mar 18, 2011

get this for my son and it helps him. when he doesn't take it he feels down. Has lots of issues to feel down about. but this product has too many ingredients I dont like. will look for another SAM-e

Change in life perspective

Posted by Reviewer3205133 on Nov 19, 2011

Recommended to me by my nutritionist. I take these in combination with 5-HTP and Theanine. I was suffering from low moods and depression, as well as decreased focus and attention. Taking these tablets has changed my life. My mood is now consistent and good, I have focus, I'm able to think "clearer," and feel mentally better than I have in years. Did much more for me than a lot of therapy ; ) I was prescribed anti-depressants at one point. So glad I resisted. One round of visits to a nutritionist and all better, naturally and healthily!