I get better results with low doses of niacin (not niacinamide). NOTE: may not be suitable for hypothyroid conditions

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 21, 2013

I find I get better results taking small amounts of niacin instead (50mg or less), so will stick with that. I found 250mg of this to be way too much at once - took at night, had a fog-ache all the next day and was over-tired. Not the desired result at all. At this dose it depletes too many other things, necessitating their supplementation or increased doses to compensate - terrible if you've already had a difficult time trying to find a balance. Additionally, I've since read that niacin/niacinamide decreases thyroid hormone levels, which is true of my experience. In one small study - after a year of taking niacin, thyroid hormone levels had fallen significantly in each person. In another - thyroid hormone levels decreased in two people, and one of these two was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Fortunately - when the niacin was discontinued for one month, thyroid hormone levels returned to normal. Please be careful. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Help for Alzheimer's

Posted by Reviewer1214284 on Jul 09, 2009

I read an article about curing Alzheimer's with niacinamide in mice (Second Opinion newsletter, February 2009) - decided to try it - the niacinamide has helped my Mother very much, she is calmer, more alert, speaks better, more like her old self, I highly recommend it. I plan to double her niacinamide dose.

It is straightening out my system

Posted by Reviewer3026695 on Sep 07, 2009

six per day and it is already helping my joints, my clarity of mind, and a variety of other things that have been bothering me for the past decade.

Best B3, Quality and potent product

Posted by Reviewer1565230 on Sep 06, 2011

After trying B3 from multiple manufacturers including Thorne, Twin Lab, Herbs of Gold (Aus), Ortho Molecular Products. This Jarrow one is the best and most effective. A high quality and potent amount of Niacinamide, gives noticeable cognitive improvement, especially assisting anxiety, and shyness, clarity of mind. 1g dosage is typically taken and the affect lasts all day. Thanks iHerb, please continue to stock Jarrow Niacinamine.

Improves Memory

Posted by Reviewer1510021 on Feb 04, 2012

I read that taking Niacinamide daily, 250 mg capsule every 3 hrs for a maximum of 1500 mg per day would help improve memory. I didn't believe it, but I decided to try it because now that I'm in my 60's I seem to forget things that I could easily recall. I did this daily for approx 2 months, & I was quite surprised to see that I started being able to remember things and recall past events, marked improvement. It's hard to remember to take the capsules every 3 hrs, but it's worth the effort.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2599659 on Aug 09, 2010

I have seen a marked improvement in my cognition. I take one capsule every other day in the AM... It also increases my energy level. I'm very pleased with this product.

PMS and anxiety

Posted by tigercho on Aug 30, 2012

Both my wife and daughter have a mild form of PCOS and PMS, which makes them irritable and weary. Niacinamide brightens up their day and calms them down. Yeah, it is a psychiatric treatment, but a natural and safe one...

Quality Product

Posted by Reviewer3234992 on Dec 30, 2008

This is NOT a time release capsule as another reviewer stated. I chose this product because it is pharmaceutical grade, easy to swallow, has good absorption, and does not bother my stomach.

Niacinamide

Posted by Reviewer1531009 on Apr 29, 2010

Helps boast my energy

great

Posted by kanaca on Jul 13, 2012

Taken on an empty stomach, can really boost mental clarity.