Jarrow Formulas, EPA-DHA Balance, 240 Softgels

Reviews 2-star

lots of fish oil on capsules giving fish burps

Posted by Reviewer2545337 on Dec 03, 2009

I purchased this fish oil as a replacement for Natural factors RX fish oil. That was a mistake. When you open the bottle you can smell the fish oil. Not Good. Also, the capsules have fish oil residue on them. This residue gets on your hands. This brand leaves you with fish burps, that I did not have with Natural Factors. I have used many fish oil, and although the epa/dha is high, I would not buy this again. In fact most cheaper fish oil products were not as smelly.

not odorless at all!

Posted by Reviewer1473868 on Sep 01, 2010

The EPA-DHA balance was what appealed me to this product. It was recommended on a website in the Netherlands. Since it is high in EPA and DHA it would take me a long way, one a day is enough. Opening the pot quite a strong fishy odour appears which the makers try to conceal with strawberry flavour/odour. After taking a capsule it gives me fishy strawberry burps. I'm not pleased with that. Odorless is definitelly not true.

- Gas and burping! -

Posted by Christal on Sep 19, 2011

Bought this for its high EPA as I read that it aids depression. I have to admit that I'm not taking 3 gels/day regularly (articles say for depression you need 1000mg of EPA, NOT just Omega-3), and on days I take them they seem to help "subtly" with mood, energy and motivation, - BUT - these gels are pretty big and every time I take them I have gas and keep burping out the funny smelling, so-called "natural strawberry flavor". Not so odorless after all!

order still incomplete - 3 weeks later

Posted by Reviewer1293865 on Feb 18, 2009

I am not reviewing the products, but the merchant. I do not order items that are not 'in stock'. I ordered 6 bottles of EPA DHA Balance from iHerb.com claimed to be in stock in late January. They shipped and I quickly received 5 bottles. A note inserted in the box claimed they were out of stock on the 6th bottle and would ship it when they get it. I sent email to them to either ship it or to refund me for that bottle. 3 weeks later I have received neither. I will not order from them again. I consider iHerb.com to be fraudulent.