| English
| USD ($)

Jarrow Formulas, EPA-DHA Balance, 240 Softgels

Neville in Spain

Posted by Reviewer2905303 on Apr 05, 2011

Pharmaceutical lab testing ensures you're not swallowing metal compounds along with your EPA and DHA. Other brands that sell "pure" Omega-3 fish oil (with no guarantee of quality or testing) may well be using oil from fish caught off the coast of a third-world country whose leaders encourage systematic dumping of toxic waste into the oceans.

Brain Food.

Posted by Reviewer1016578 on Jul 14, 2009

I don't know about you but I don't eat the recommended 3 to 5 servings per week of fish (specifically wild salmon). The EPA DHA is great food for your brain and your child's brain. I was reading an article about how important EPA DHA is to improving kids brain connectivity. It is also supposed to help with ADHD to help people focus. I don't know about that but I can tell you my entire family takes it every day (myself, husband, daughter, and son) and my kids are doing fabulous in school.

JarrowEPA-DHA Omega-3

Posted by Reviewer2447217 on Oct 24, 2007

I have taken this product for several years, and have no complaints except, as with most fish oils, even when taken with meals, there is a period of "fishy" burps. I know that this is not due to the omega-3 oils, but rather due to the amines found in fish oils. So, I give this product a very good rating. My only real concern relates to the source; if imported, what care is taken to make certain that this product (and other products) is safe with no contaminants.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2973376 on Jul 25, 2011

They use strawberry flavor to hide the fishy burps. I'm actually ok with the fishy burp. Main strong point for this product is it meets California Prop 65. Used to buy from NOW till I found out they did not meet that standard.

lots of fish oil on capsules giving fish burps

Posted by Reviewer2545337 on Dec 03, 2009

I purchased this fish oil as a replacement for Natural factors RX fish oil. That was a mistake. When you open the bottle you can smell the fish oil. Not Good. Also, the capsules have fish oil residue on them. This residue gets on your hands. This brand leaves you with fish burps, that I did not have with Natural Factors. I have used many fish oil, and although the epa/dha is high, I would not buy this again. In fact most cheaper fish oil products were not as smelly.