Jarrow Formulas, EPA-DHA Balance, 240 Softgels

- Gas and burping! -

Posted by Christal on Sep 19, 2011

Bought this for its high EPA as I read that it aids depression. I have to admit that I'm not taking 3 gels/day regularly (articles say for depression you need 1000mg of EPA, NOT just Omega-3), and on days I take them they seem to help "subtly" with mood, energy and motivation, - BUT - these gels are pretty big and every time I take them I have gas and keep burping out the funny smelling, so-called "natural strawberry flavor". Not so odorless after all!

Good Quality Fish Oil

Posted by Reviewer2955621 on Jul 19, 2009

I’ve been taking this fish oil for some time now. With absolutely no fish tasting burps, ever. Maybe the reason is because I always take Milk Thistle and a digestive plant enzyme before every meal if possible. So my thoughts are if you have a healthy digestive system, you wouldn’t have the burping problem but I don’t know that for sure. I’ve tried other brands of fish oil but I think I’ll stay with this one now. It is the best one for me.

Mmm, Fish oil!

Posted by Reviewer3203186 on Jan 17, 2008

The more the better!

Softgels melted; stuck together

Posted by Reviewer3250449 on Aug 03, 2011

Considering the amount of money I paid for the softgels, I was very disappointed upon opening the bottles to discover that many had been melted and stuck together. I am also concerned this has undermined their chemical integrity, making their consumption at best futile, and at worst harmful to my health.

order still incomplete - 3 weeks later

Posted by Reviewer1293865 on Feb 18, 2009

I am not reviewing the products, but the merchant. I do not order items that are not 'in stock'. I ordered 6 bottles of EPA DHA Balance from iHerb.com claimed to be in stock in late January. They shipped and I quickly received 5 bottles. A note inserted in the box claimed they were out of stock on the 6th bottle and would ship it when they get it. I sent email to them to either ship it or to refund me for that bottle. 3 weeks later I have received neither. I will not order from them again. I consider iHerb.com to be fraudulent.