Jarrow Formulas, EPA-DHA Balance, 240 Softgels

- Gas and burping! -

Posted by Christal on Sep 19, 2011

Bought this for its high EPA as I read that it aids depression. I have to admit that I'm not taking 3 gels/day regularly (articles say for depression you need 1000mg of EPA, NOT just Omega-3), and on days I take them they seem to help "subtly" with mood, energy and motivation, - BUT - these gels are pretty big and every time I take them I have gas and keep burping out the funny smelling, so-called "natural strawberry flavor". Not so odorless after all!

not odorless at all!

Posted by Reviewer1473868 on Sep 01, 2010

The EPA-DHA balance was what appealed me to this product. It was recommended on a website in the Netherlands. Since it is high in EPA and DHA it would take me a long way, one a day is enough. Opening the pot quite a strong fishy odour appears which the makers try to conceal with strawberry flavour/odour. After taking a capsule it gives me fishy strawberry burps. I'm not pleased with that. Odorless is definitelly not true.

Good Quality Fish Oil

Posted by Reviewer2955621 on Jul 19, 2009

I’ve been taking this fish oil for some time now. With absolutely no fish tasting burps, ever. Maybe the reason is because I always take Milk Thistle and a digestive plant enzyme before every meal if possible. So my thoughts are if you have a healthy digestive system, you wouldn’t have the burping problem but I don’t know that for sure. I’ve tried other brands of fish oil but I think I’ll stay with this one now. It is the best one for me.

Mmm, Fish oil!

Posted by Reviewer3203186 on Jan 17, 2008

The more the better!

Softgels melted; stuck together

Posted by Reviewer3250449 on Aug 03, 2011

Considering the amount of money I paid for the softgels, I was very disappointed upon opening the bottles to discover that many had been melted and stuck together. I am also concerned this has undermined their chemical integrity, making their consumption at best futile, and at worst harmful to my health.