Jarrow Formulas, Omega Nutrition, Organic, Hi-Lignan Nutri-Flax, Flax Seed Powder, 16 oz (454 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Nice Fine Powder

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on Feb 04, 2009

I prefer this fine powder to certain other flaxmeal products like NOW flaxmeal which is not as fine. I was using Nature's Way Flax, but it seems they switched from brown flax to gold flax. Some of these companies don't like to list the type of flax on the label. I don't like the fairly new golden flax. I like the original brown flax, which I think is more filling and has a better taste, texture, and more antioxidants. This Nutri-Flax seems like brown flax to me. I eat at least 30 grams a day and I just add a measured amount of water, let it thicken and eat it straight as part of my breakfast. However, I'm still going to try a few other flax products. The seal could be a little better on this container. Fine brown flax powder is getting hard to find. Many people think golden is just as good as brown, when, in fact, brown flax is actually somewhat superior, based on everything I've read. Darker food usually has more antioxidants; brown flax contains healthy tannins.

Use it everyday

Posted by Reviewer2576408 on Aug 19, 2008

Really love this flax powder ... mixes so well in yogurt, even in my salad dressings.

I use this every day

Posted by alloriginal on May 21, 2013

I add a serving of this to my afternoon greens drink every day. I believe that the 3 grams of fiber, 3.5 grams of protein, and 500 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids are of great benefit to my health. Lignans are important as well, as they have antioxidant properties, and they bind estrogen receptors (reducing risk of cancer). This is a fine powder that mixes well, and has a pleasant, nutty taste. Regular use will, over time, dramatically improve health in my opinion. A serving a day keeps the doctor away! Thank goodness for Iherb! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Flax Power!

Posted by 5606716277590260182 on Sep 24, 2013

I'm pretty sure I can notice a difference in my overall feeling of well-being when I eat this. I usually put a scoopful in my granola-like cereal and can't taste it too much.

Fiber for my smoothy!

Posted by Reviewer2798035 on Jul 17, 2008

This is a very good value and quality product for soluble fiber! Good for keeping you regular!

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »