add it to my bread , no taste at all

Posted by 4667439534621464973 on Jan 19, 2016

i add it to my bread and you can't tell if there is protein powder in it . i added 2 scoops to one loaf of bread .

Excellent!.

Posted by yoshita83 on Dec 14, 2015

Loved it!.

A little sweet .. be careful what you mix with it.

Posted by 5224401043658442435 on Oct 27, 2015

For the first smoothie I tried to make with this, I used a banana, a little coconut water, a handful of greens and an extra scoop of green mix with 2 scoops of Jarrows Plant Protein - it was so sweet I couldn't drink it. I had to throw it out. For the 2nd one, I just used water, 1.5 scoops Jarrows protein, a handful of greens & scoop of green mix, with a few frozen blueberries. Was better and drinkable, but still quite sweet.

Very bad taste/texture

Posted by Ophelia on May 25, 2015

Nice composition of natural ingredients, but this powder tastes awful. At the beginning I was seduced by all the plant components listed, and usually I can handle bad taste for the sake of healthiness, but this is just not working for me. I guess the proteins are doing their work well when I take them before/after exercising, because I watch closely my energy levels and weight, but I still think that taking your protein shake has to be a moment of pleasure, not of disgust ;) The texture is more like sand in mouth, and impossible to mask it (tried mixing it with smoothies, chocolate soy drink, yoghurt, ect). Another bad point is the Arginine/Lysine ratio, which can lead to Herpes breakouts if you already suffer from it (more Lysine, and less Arginine).

My preferred non-whey protein

Posted by 4764780478225449259 on May 19, 2015

To avoid a gritty drink, blend this with something thick like an avocado or banana. However the gritty texture is better than some I've tried, that feel like you're drinking sand no matter what you mix it with. I like this product because it's not dairy, soy, or wheat. It's also a more nutritious, non-dairy alternative, to rice. I'm on my second jar. I'm considering trying Dr. Mercola's brand next, just for comparison sake, but Jarrow's brand is a much, much better price for comparable ingredients.

JARROW PLANT PROTEINS

Posted by 4670460789727846215 on May 06, 2015

I've bought two different kinds of protein powders from Jarrow Formulas. One is the whey protein which includes soy lecithin and the other one is the plant-based protein. I would never recommend anyone to buy the plant-based protein powder. It tastes like sugar added cement. The taste is so sharp that there is nothing that I could mix it with to make it milder. I'm thinking about throwing out my second container cause I can't continue to drink this any longer.

Feel good using this product

Posted by Reviewer1112167 on Dec 16, 2014

This is my second purchase of this powder. Tastes good in smoothies and is also filling and nutrient dense.

jarrow plant protein

Posted by Reviewer2174968 on Oct 17, 2014

Nice clean plant protein. Product. Will bhai hydrogen again

good mix

Posted by 5218966572150019069 on Jun 12, 2014

really liking this blend just be sure to hold the cut up for the hemp seeds to fall down (if using a shaker)

Jarrow Protein Powder

Posted by 4980958385093761137 on May 21, 2014

I really love this stuff. It tastes great, it's sweet but not too sweet. I just mix it with cold water in a shaker cup and I'm good to go. It's also great if you add a tablespoon of raw cocoa powder. The energy I get from this lasts at least two hours and it's really easy to digest. I've actually noticed that when I drink this for breakfast my digestion is better all day, maybe it's the chia?

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »