Jarrow Formulas, Rhodiola Rosea, 500 mg, 60 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Rhodiola Rosea 500 for Adult ADD

Posted by Reviewer1041736 on Apr 17, 2010

I noticed an immediate increase in physical energy beginning the first day of using Rhodiola Rosea 500. A doctor who specializes in ADD had suggested I try "rosavin" for attention deficit problems. I tried another product containing a lower amount of rosavin first, with no noticeable effects. Rhodiola Rosea 500,however, does have noticeable positive effects, with no negative side effects. It also has a noticeable positive energy effect on my libido. And, because my overall energy level is up, it does, in fact, help me to concentrate and to be more mentally focused. This formula has a minimum 3% rosavin content, which is important, and the 500 mg capsules are the highest dosage I could find. This may be why it works so well for me. I highly recommend it as a natural, harmless way to improve mental focus and overall energy.

surprisingly effective

Posted by Reviewer1544175 on Nov 08, 2007

I am a 62y/o nurse practitioner, and NO tree hugger. However, after reading about this herb in Science News, I decided to try it. At my age, I looked forward to a nap every afternoon. After starting this herb, I have not needed one. This is not a placebo effect - this is the real deal. I have started my 57 y/o wife on this, as well as my 95 y/o mother, and they all notice a positive effect in their energy level. Anecdotally, I have also started having morning erections again, something which hasn't happened in a long time. I cannot prove this is the cause, but if it isn't, it must be a remarkable coincidence.

Wow!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer3105168 on Jul 19, 2012

I recently posted a review on this supplement and gave it five stars but after taking it for about a month now - and as I promised to update - I would give it ten stars now if I could. I have taken SAM-E (way too expensive and takes a very long time to build up in your system and therefore gain effectiveness), ginseng, pharma gaba (which does work really well), 5htp, st. john's wort (too much like caffeine for me, got subtle shakes and nervousness etc.) and valerian. I've tried all of these and more at one point or another and for a long enough time to gauge effectiveness. As I stated in my previous review, this is even better than the New Chapter Rhodiola (and as I stated before, I really love New Chapter. But...) this Rhodiola is truly a great supplement. I wish I could go into all of the stress I'm under (an incredibly stressful job - I have to speak to about 500 people a week and get yelled at by most of them) and so much more. And everyone always asks me why I'm always in a good mood, always upbeat and able to listen to everyone else's problems. Trust me, I wouldn't be able to do it without this supplement. And there is a huge difference when I don't take it (because I'm feeling better and think I can do without). And no more weird/bad dreams. On super stressful days I take a capsule and a half(just open the capsule and sprinkle in smoothie or on salad - whatever you want, be creative and spontaneous) This stuff is really amazing. Get it. Jarrow is truly the real thing. I'm using a lot of their supplements once again and really impressed. Great job Jarrow!

Mood Improvement

Posted by Reviewer1465551 on Feb 27, 2009

Works synergistically with S-ame and 5-HTP to improve mood. I did not suffer from the usual winter depression, despite some very difficult personal circumstances.

An excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2319370 on Apr 28, 2008

I first began using rhodiola rosea a few years ago. Although I didn't know at that time that rhodiola improves high altitude adjustment/oxygenation, I noticed that I was able to breathe much more easily at altitudes of 10,000 feet, whereas before using rhodiola, or when not using it, I'd come close to fainting when I'd travel quickly to that altitude. I think Jarrow is probably the best brand I've tried. I often use 2-3 tablets, and like the effects--but everyone is different, so don't know what might work for others. I read some research lately that observed that rats fed rhodiola over the course of their lifetime lived longer than rats not so fed. This really is a wonderful herb, and Jarrow makes a terrific product.