Wow!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer3105168 on Jul 19, 2012

I recently posted a review on this supplement and gave it five stars but after taking it for about a month now - and as I promised to update - I would give it ten stars now if I could. I have taken SAM-E (way too expensive and takes a very long time to build up in your system and therefore gain effectiveness), ginseng, pharma gaba (which does work really well), 5htp, st. john's wort (too much like caffeine for me, got subtle shakes and nervousness etc.) and valerian. I've tried all of these and more at one point or another and for a long enough time to gauge effectiveness. As I stated in my previous review, this is even better than the New Chapter Rhodiola (and as I stated before, I really love New Chapter. But...) this Rhodiola is truly a great supplement. I wish I could go into all of the stress I'm under (an incredibly stressful job - I have to speak to about 500 people a week and get yelled at by most of them) and so much more. And everyone always asks me why I'm always in a good mood, always upbeat and able to listen to everyone else's problems. Trust me, I wouldn't be able to do it without this supplement. And there is a huge difference when I don't take it (because I'm feeling better and think I can do without). And no more weird/bad dreams. On super stressful days I take a capsule and a half(just open the capsule and sprinkle in smoothie or on salad - whatever you want, be creative and spontaneous) This stuff is really amazing. Get it. Jarrow is truly the real thing. I'm using a lot of their supplements once again and really impressed. Great job Jarrow!

Rhodiola Rosea 500 for Adult ADD

Posted by Reviewer1041736 on Apr 17, 2010

I noticed an immediate increase in physical energy beginning the first day of using Rhodiola Rosea 500. A doctor who specializes in ADD had suggested I try "rosavin" for attention deficit problems. I tried another product containing a lower amount of rosavin first, with no noticeable effects. Rhodiola Rosea 500,however, does have noticeable positive effects, with no negative side effects. It also has a noticeable positive energy effect on my libido. And, because my overall energy level is up, it does, in fact, help me to concentrate and to be more mentally focused. This formula has a minimum 3% rosavin content, which is important, and the 500 mg capsules are the highest dosage I could find. This may be why it works so well for me. I highly recommend it as a natural, harmless way to improve mental focus and overall energy.

surprisingly effective

Posted by Reviewer1544175 on Nov 08, 2007

I am a 62y/o nurse practitioner, and NO tree hugger. However, after reading about this herb in Science News, I decided to try it. At my age, I looked forward to a nap every afternoon. After starting this herb, I have not needed one. This is not a placebo effect - this is the real deal. I have started my 57 y/o wife on this, as well as my 95 y/o mother, and they all notice a positive effect in their energy level. Anecdotally, I have also started having morning erections again, something which hasn't happened in a long time. I cannot prove this is the cause, but if it isn't, it must be a remarkable coincidence.

Potent and energizing

Posted by Reviewer1292113 on May 31, 2012

The Jarrow formula is potent and very energizing. One a day is enough for me. I've also tried the Eclectic Institute's formula, two a day, which provides a gentle, focused energy. I like them both. New Chapter's formula didn't have an effect on me. I have had problems falling asleep at night and by taking Rhodiola during the day, I'm good and tired and relaxed by bedtime. I haven't tried taking one before bed for fear that it will keep me awake, but I know others have had success with taking it before bed, but on the nights where I can't sleep, I know I can feel great the next day if I take a Jarrow Rhodiola. I also find that I need fewer hours sleep and feel great -- 4.5 to 6 hours.

More energy!

Posted by Reviewer2100148 on Nov 29, 2007

My 94 year old dad, a retired physician, put me on to this. He normally mowed his lawn in small sections over several days. After taking rhodiola for a few days, he went out and mowed the whole thing. I have just started on it, and I notice I am not as achy in the morning.

Works, but Has Side Effects

Posted by Reviewer2166233 on Jan 01, 2008

Product works great, but I found it made me anxious and my temper worse, so I would be careful if you suffer from these things. It does tend to make you have really weird dreams if you take it before bed too. I would only take one cap every other day or so.

Works Well

Posted by Reviewer3306667 on Sep 17, 2008

I've been using this product for about a month. I started to notice some good results after about two weeks. I take 2 capsules a day, doses split, on an empty stomach, but never after 12:30pm. I notice my dreams are a little weird if I take it to late. I believe Rhodiola Rosea has helped my through a very stressful time in my life. I did take three capsules once but noticed some anxiety and headache. I recommend this product.

Jarrow products are always good, but read the label

Posted by Reviewer1450698 on Oct 24, 2008

This turns out to be an excellent adaptogen for many people, unfortunately some cannot take it. It did indeed interact with an anxiety condition and with some medications.

Mood Improvement

Posted by Reviewer1465551 on Feb 27, 2009

Works synergistically with S-ame and 5-HTP to improve mood. I did not suffer from the usual winter depression, despite some very difficult personal circumstances.

An excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2319370 on Apr 28, 2008

I first began using rhodiola rosea a few years ago. Although I didn't know at that time that rhodiola improves high altitude adjustment/oxygenation, I noticed that I was able to breathe much more easily at altitudes of 10,000 feet, whereas before using rhodiola, or when not using it, I'd come close to fainting when I'd travel quickly to that altitude. I think Jarrow is probably the best brand I've tried. I often use 2-3 tablets, and like the effects--but everyone is different, so don't know what might work for others. I read some research lately that observed that rats fed rhodiola over the course of their lifetime lived longer than rats not so fed. This really is a wonderful herb, and Jarrow makes a terrific product.