Seems to have worsened my condition

Posted by 5225316363521424516 on Apr 23, 2013

I purchased this to try to fix some mild but chronic ibs type symptoms because I had read the many reviews that touted it for gastrointestinal problems. The first few days on it did feel like it was helping with solid and less frequent stools but then within a week it devolved into horrible constipation and then something like ulcerative colitis that I am still attempting to have diagnosed. Now I'm having diarrhea and the most horrible pressure in the upper part of the left side of my colon and have been on strictly liquids for a week after two trips to the ER. I would recommend extreme caution to anyone with any underling but undiagnosed gastrointestinal problems who is thinking of using this.

Hard To Find Probiotic

Posted by Krisinsight on Apr 21, 2013

Many probiotics do not contain the S. Boulardii and it is most helpful in healing an unhealthy gut. Even if you take a probiotic adding S.Boulardii is recommended by many health professionals.

One of the best probiotics I have ever taken!

Posted by Reviewer1356338 on Mar 29, 2013

I have tried more probiotics than I wish to count! But Saccharomyces Boulardii is the best! I have ulcerative colitis and I really notice a benefit when I take this!

I won't go without this!

Posted by Reviewer1229626 on Feb 04, 2013

I've taken this brand for a couple of years now and won't be without it. Its WAY cheaper than Florastor and the same thing. This has basically cured my Irritable Bowel System and now I only have attacks if I've eaten way too much fat. I recommend this to everyone who has IBS, or has been taking antibiotics.

great product

Posted by 5595948348715286120 on Feb 04, 2013

really noticed a difference with my ibs, will order more.

Very Good Price

Posted by SherryB on Aug 23, 2012

Iherb has a very good price for this product. I use them along with antibiotics for Lyme's disease. the saccharomyces boulardii was recommended by a ND when using antibiotics for any length of time.

dr prescribed

Posted by Reviewer2203336 on Jun 15, 2012

our dr prescribed this to replace flora after antibiotics... it worked very well... and much cheaper than the drugstore brand. This is specific in that the organism survives to get to the intestines, rather than being dissolved in stomach acid. so better for recolonization.

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1483645 on May 15, 2012

I am taking antibiotics for my dermatitis for 2 months and I picked up Sacch. Boul. to help me prevent yeast overgrowth. I can't prove it's working , but at least it's making me feel better about replenishing my good micro-flora. I am also taking probiotics along with this.

Effective and good value anti-candida product

Posted by vitality on Apr 17, 2012

This is a very good product, highly recommended for fighting candida and other intestinal problems. Effective and much better value than the other SB products that are available. SB is a probiotic yeast that naturally displaces invasive yeasts but does not itself take up permanent residence in the gut. It also helps deal with food poisoning and diarrhoea. A similar effect can be gained from taking brewers yeast powder, but consuming large doses of it might create imbalances long term (or just be unappetising!).

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1055187 on Apr 09, 2012

This worked effectively at reducing my candida and yeast overgrowth. My doctor recommended this brand and I have bought several bottles of this since it worked so well.